Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 674 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2004 f150 lariat
By Frank

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

best truck i have had!!!

Owned for 7 years, good truck overall
By Jim K

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second 04 supercab, the issue I have had with both is the brake rotors warping so I upgraded to drilled/slotted rotors on the 2nd replacement set. Both front and rear rotors warped on my 2nd f150. I haven't had any issues with load capacity, have driven 220 miles with 1800 lb load of tile with no problems. The spark plug/coil issue has cropped up on my 2nd truck. I just did the 2 that failed so not too expensive. ($500). They book this out pretty high for labor due to risk of broken plugs so best to have done where shop knows about issue but will charge actual time to fix. Has met expectations, no truck is perfect. I use this truck for work hauling materials so it is used hard.

Worst car I ever bought.
By Sean Lynn

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has given me nothing but problems. The dealer said it just needed spark plugs. Lied. It really needed a timing something that cost 3000 to fix. Then I figure out the radio doesn’t turn off, because the truck shakes around so much when you drive it that the sensor that’s supposed to turn off the aux fell loose. F Ford I will never buy another ford again. Sears auto is a liar

14 reliable years of driving
By GWP

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been amongst the best vehicles I've owned relative to reliability and cost of ownership. The comfort beats most cars I've driven, and there's apparently nothing it can't carry or tow easily.

Love that WHINE!
By Mark Gruber

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Bought my Black Beast around 2 yrs. ago and have loved every minute except $640 in repairs. Too difficult to explain details. Have performed simple mods myself & it screams! Adding Whipple blower soon and then new Nitto drag radials. 5/3/18 Update: Truck is currently in shop for major upgrades: American Racing long tube headers, Whipple 2.3L supercharger, Aeromotive fuel pumps & injectors & AEM methanol injection. Should be done in a week or so. Will post results after test drive.