Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 677 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

250K miles and still growing strong
By Rick

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Only vehicle I've bought new (usually buy slightly used to avoid the steep depreciation driving it off lot) and it has been well worth it. Only major expense was replacing the spark plugs. Took it to the dealer and it cost $900. Had the second set installed recently at $250K and he was able to complete the work for $400. Very reliable vehicle and the look of it still isn't outdated after 15 years.

Ford tough with a few extra rattles
By Todd

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 F150 that I bought in 2015 with 67,000 miles. 5.4 cam phaser knock and rust on the rear quarter panel as is typical for cars in this area...especially ford trucks. I now have 97,000 miles and other than the noisy phasers, I’ve had absolutely zero problems with it. Been a Chevy guy all my life until the 5.3 and 6.3 engines completely crapped out on two consecutive Yukon’s...sorry Chevy, not coming back and just bought another ford truck this weekend

2004 Ford F-150
By Willard Lee

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck performs better than I thought it would.

2004 f150 lariat
By Frank

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

best truck i have had!!!

Owned for 7 years, good truck overall
By Jim K

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second 04 supercab, the issue I have had with both is the brake rotors warping so I upgraded to drilled/slotted rotors on the 2nd replacement set. Both front and rear rotors warped on my 2nd f150. I haven't had any issues with load capacity, have driven 220 miles with 1800 lb load of tile with no problems. The spark plug/coil issue has cropped up on my 2nd truck. I just did the 2 that failed so not too expensive. ($500). They book this out pretty high for labor due to risk of broken plugs so best to have done where shop knows about issue but will charge actual time to fix. Has met expectations, no truck is perfect. I use this truck for work hauling materials so it is used hard.