Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

This truck will last
By stephanier1981

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Sure after nearly 300,000 miles, respairs and parts have needed replacing. Even the transmission. This truck has pulled and pulled many things from boats to other vehicles. The rear end had to be replaced. I can't complain though. That's just part of any vehicle. Repairs are inevitable. I am amazed that with so many miles, the original motor is still running strong.

One Super Truck
By John Walker

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 2002 truck new in 2003 with 27 miles on it. It has the 5.4 L engine in it with the XLT trim. At 8300 +- miles it was hit in the right front, $13,500 in damage. It was repaired and I still drive this truck today. It has 206,000 miles on it. The only maintenance that has been done, other that oil & filter @ 3,000 intervals , I have changed the plugs twice. Last year I had the front end gone through, replaced a few bushings. I still get an average 18 MPG at highway speeds. This has to be the best of the best. just like the rabbit it just keeps on going.

'02 F-150HD 'JFE-Rebuild'
By JFE, JR.

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Rear spark-plug prone to blow-out; Check for recall on motor. I have 215k on mine; driven on three continents and it runs like a bandit.

2002 first 150
By Stleve

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Love my F150

VERY Disappointed
By Dave Bello

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I only wish i could write a rave review like most of the other folks. I have always been told Ford makes the best trucks. This is my first Ford truck. Granted, its a 2002 and I bought it in 2012, but its been a money pit. I was unaware of the "blowing plugs" issue with certain years. Well, i have that year, I guess, and twice plugs have popped. according to complaints, Ford refuses to acknowledge and fix the problem. Now, I have to spend $250. and get new plugs every 30,000. miles. This truck has hurt me, financially. The plugs, heater core, motor for power windows, the shifter has a lot of play and is difficult to get in gear sometimes. I was told i could no longer be tightened and needed a new mechanism in the steering column, $500. The motor for the 4x4 just went, 1/2 of the interior dash lights have burnt out, and the heater blower motor is really noisy and ready to be replaced. add this to the regular stuff, and i'm tapped. many things i expect, but worrying about spark plugs malfunctioning, and getting hit with not-so-common problems is put a sour taste in my mouth about Ford's. Not sure i'd buy another Ford truck