Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

First year 2000 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson edition
By Fordfink13

2000 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

2000 is the 1st year of production for the Harley Davidson edition. No other truck on the road could compare to the looks of this vehicle at the time. If you find a nice , well kept vehicle, it still stands out, and you will get many complements.For an 18 year old truck,it still performs well. The 20" tires take some getting used to, because they "hunt "ruts in the road, but they do offer good traction on smooth roads.This edition was apparently the only way you could get a black interior in a 2000 F-150.It is stylish and very comfortable on long trips,with captains chairs in the front. However, the rear seats are not designed for comfort on long trips (as per my mother in law).....but Harley bikes don't offer as much comfort to the passenger as the driver,....soooo. I love the extended cab/stepside look,the only extended cab/stepside in this body style( after the 2000, they were 4 door, short smooth side bed ).This is also the only truck with a smooth roof( the others had structural ridges in them.This truck is very capable of pulling about any trailer you want,but if you want to haul something in the bed, you need to remove the stylish,hardshell tonneau cover. However, just like the motorcycle,this truck is designed to "style and profile"instead of being a work horse. Overall, I love this truck,and am very happy with it. Mine has 154k on it,and so far I've had to replace 3 coils/wires,and the rear end slips a little when you pull out on a hill and turn left or right.These trucks are affordable right now, and they may rise in value as they get older,being the first year of a fairly long run of this edition.

Love my truck!
By Pam

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab LB

I’ve owned the truck since it was brand new. No engine repairs whatsoever but I do have low miles. I didn’t see a place to review above but the door locks and window controls are only workable from the door itself, I.e. driver cannot work the lock or window on passenger side from driver side. Controls for outside mirrors are not working either. It’s a pretty great truck otherwise.

289,000 and still going
By Anthony

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

You should consider any 99 to 03 f150 with the 5.4 to be dependable. With the cost of trucks today it only makes sense.

SPOILED ROTTEN I GUESS
By Bruce

2000 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

Ford arguably perfected the V8 many years ago but seems to have redesign the 5.4L Triton in my 2000 F150 to include many plastic parts bolted on aluminum ones. I have 80,000 miles on mine and now have a gasket or intake failure. I take pretty good care of my Vehicles and have 400,000 miles on my 93 Honda Accord, with all original parts except the normal wear and tear items except the transmission computer and brake Master cylinder, even the air still blows cold! After looking at the engine I notice all the plastic and the purposeful design to make the dealership extra money in the service department. Don't get me wrong the others may be worse , but I think this is my last Ford Truck. I will pay close attention to detail on my next truck purchase.

Reliable
By Giovanni

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

I have a 2000 f150 super crew with a 4.6l eng, with 156k miles. I have owned this truck for almost 3 years and so far so good. I have taken 3 long trip with a minum of 1200 miles each way to my destination and back , and haven't had one single problem but common wear and tear. I really can't complain with my truck with reliability and comfort. The only thing that I can say is a con is the lack of power going up hill.