Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love my truck!
By Pam

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab LB

I’ve owned the truck since it was brand new. No engine repairs whatsoever but I do have low miles. I didn’t see a place to review above but the door locks and window controls are only workable from the door itself, I.e. driver cannot work the lock or window on passenger side from driver side. Controls for outside mirrors are not working either. It’s a pretty great truck otherwise.

289,000 and still going
By Anthony

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

You should consider any 99 to 03 f150 with the 5.4 to be dependable. With the cost of trucks today it only makes sense.

SPOILED ROTTEN I GUESS
By Bruce

2000 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

Ford arguably perfected the V8 many years ago but seems to have redesign the 5.4L Triton in my 2000 F150 to include many plastic parts bolted on aluminum ones. I have 80,000 miles on mine and now have a gasket or intake failure. I take pretty good care of my Vehicles and have 400,000 miles on my 93 Honda Accord, with all original parts except the normal wear and tear items except the transmission computer and brake Master cylinder, even the air still blows cold! After looking at the engine I notice all the plastic and the purposeful design to make the dealership extra money in the service department. Don't get me wrong the others may be worse , but I think this is my last Ford Truck. I will pay close attention to detail on my next truck purchase.

Reliable
By Giovanni

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

I have a 2000 f150 super crew with a 4.6l eng, with 156k miles. I have owned this truck for almost 3 years and so far so good. I have taken 3 long trip with a minum of 1200 miles each way to my destination and back , and haven't had one single problem but common wear and tear. I really can't complain with my truck with reliability and comfort. The only thing that I can say is a con is the lack of power going up hill.

Solid Truck
By dhiebert

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck on auction for $4k. Best money I've ever spent. No problems except for a stripped drain plug. Plenty of power, passenger space and cargo space. The only complaints are in the size and fuel economy. It's hard to park in any place other than straight in, and the best MPG I've gotten is 17 hwy.

5.4l V8, cruise control

Real leather on the seats, not this plastic stuff