Used 2003 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews

Used Excursion for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Best of the Hosses

cruiser, 03/09/2008

My first Excursion. Traded my F350 Superduty 7.3. My Excrusion has all of the towing power of the truck but beats the pants off every other aspect. Great ride, 17-18 city mpg. Haven' taken long trip yet. Has 90000 miles and purrs like a kitten. No major repairs since new. Can't wait to hit the road with my 37' camper. My 350 did great and I expect the Excursion to be that and more. Love. My wife has taken it over to use in her business. I am relagated to driving her sedan for now.

Luv my Excursion

RBR, 08/24/2005

I have the Powerstroke 6.0 diesel. Use truck for towing 32' travel trailer - works great. Interior seats are very spacious and comfortable. 20mph hwy/16 city. Towing 12 - 13 mpg. Will hate to see it discontinued.

Ultimate tow vehicle

c wallace, 02/01/2009

My Excurision is a 4x4 with the 6.0 diesel, as of Jan 2009 it has 83,000 miles with no major problems. This is the tow vehicle to have if you have a large family. We can put our three kids, all of their stuff, the dog, and all of me and the wife's stuff and trek out with no worries. This includes towing a holiday rambler 33 foot trailer. I have a few modification that I recommend for power and fuel economy. Because I put a two inch lift, 315 75 16 tires, and aftermarket front and rear bumpers with a front winch on it my fuel mileage decreased. I added a banks intercooler, cold air intake, power pda, and a magnaflow four inch turbo back exhaust. What a difference!

great for family

mark johnson, 08/08/2002

We looked for months for the vehicle that would support all of our needs....test drove every sport UT out there. We found what we wanted in the excursion. The excersion is big, well build, comfortable and powerful. The deisel out on the road is smooth and effortless. 4x4 in winter is a tremendous safty feature, inside is plush. We've taken it on a 2000 mile trip to Disney Land, two backpacking trips to the Windriver Mountains in Wyoming plus others. For the few things which have gone wrong, our dealership support has been outstanding. For large active families, who love the outdoors, we highly recommend the excursion.

The best Car Ever.

Drake~, 11/29/2002

I love my excursion. the man a the dealership said the car got 18 on the highway and 22 in the city and I almost died. We got our 4wd limited edition for 28,270 and they paid the tax tag and title for me. And when you look at it it looks huge. But when you drive it it feels like you are driving a nissan Altima. i love my excursoin and you should looooooooooooooooooove it to!!!!!!! I swear the gas milage is true.

12345...16