Used 2016 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Still a Great Little Crossover!

Clive Goodwin, 11/04/2015
Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Been shopping for a small SUV for quite some time. Had a 2005 Ford Escape XLT and sold with 128,000 miles. Was excellent vehicle and had only regular maintenance, and no major repairs. After looking at what the current market has available (Honda Pilot, Toyota, GMC, Dodge and GM) and tested, kept coming back to the Escape. My main concern was no available V6, only the inline 1.6 or 2.0 with turbo. I worried about having to always run high rpm's and wasn't sure about engine longevity. After driving the Titanium with optional 2.0 L, Package 301 and navigation system a few times, I was completely sold on the 4 cylinder. Has great power, turbo is smooth and rpm's are surprisingly low. Comfortable ride and the new Sync3 is reasonably easy to learn. Fit and finish is also excellent. I did not opt for the 19" wheels, just the standard 18". Have read a few reviews that the 19" wheels made for a bit of a rougher ride. I did not test drive any that had the 19". With 240hp rating, it's much faster than my 2005 V6 was. I also have the class II towing package, rated at 3,500 lbs. At this time, I don't have anything near that range, so assuming it won't be a problem. Have also seen that various auto reviews have been very good. Hoping the reliability factor will meet with what I had on the 2005. Now have 12,650 miles as of May 16, 2018 and have had absolutely zero problems with the vehicle. Everything works like it is supposed to and love it as much as the day I purchased it. No rattles or decrease in power. Still ecstatic after almost 3 years! Now, as of November 18, 2018, have 16,200 and still have zero problems with vehicle, no rattles, no decrease in power. Everything as great as the day of purchase on Oct 31, 2015. Never have owned a new vehicle without having to take it in for SOME problem, until this vehicle. Just purchased the Ford extended warranty but thinking, maybe not needed!! As an update as of November 19, 2019, still love my Escape as much as the date of purchase. Only maintenance issue as of this date, was the replacement of the battery, replaced in October, 2019. Other than that, there have been no issues or repairs. The vehicle has performed flawlessly and extremely happy with the performance, the condition of the exterior and interior. As of May 19, 2020, I now have approximately 22,000 miles with no problems. I admit the mileage has not increased significantly due to the stay at home requirements for the Covid-19 pandemic. However, other than the battery replacement, my vehicle has performed flawlessly. It has maintained the same power and performance as it had when new.. First new car I ever had that I absolutely have not had one problem with as long as I've owned the car. As previously stated, I purchased this car on October 31, 2015. I'm completely sold on the Escape. Even the tires have worn exceptionally well. I must say, I have not driven this vehicle off road on sand, stone or rough terrain. The vehicle is tight, no rattles, no leaks and the interior has held up magnificently! As of November 20, 2020 happy to announce that even 5 years since purchased new....not one instance of any repairs. Have 26,000 miles on vehicle and everything works as new. Vehicle still tight, no rattles and only have scheduled maintenance other than the aforementioned battery replacement. Have NEVER owned a vehicle that I purchased new, that I did not have repairs after this amount of time or mileage. Vehicle is absolutely magnificent!! Still give this 2.0L Escape 5 stars. Now have 26,050 miles on the vehicle as of May 19, 2021 and purchased a new set of Michelins. Other than oil changes, battery and tires, have had virtually no actual repairs or problems. Paint, interior, exterior fit and electronics have all held up wonderfully. Been an actual dream after owned almost 6 years. Can't say enough about the vehicle.

Escape Delivers

Bill Wolverton, 03/09/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second Escape and again, I was not disappointed. The car looks good, handles great and is a nice value. The size is perfect for me. It holds what I need in the cargo area (golf clubs, shoes, etc.) and is easy to maneuver. I got the 2.0L engine and it accelerates quite nicely. After having is about 2 years, the only knock I have is it is not air tight. Consequently, the ride isn't as quiet as my son's Jeep. Still, I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Great little Ford

Rolf and Reina Fischer, 08/08/2016
SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First , the Escape. I purchased had the 2.0litre turbo, which changes this vehicle from a nice little SUV to an OMG, I'm going how fast! Wanted something bigger for my wife then the Hyundai that she had and researched the Escape. This little SUV is far from little in features and interior room. First off the seating is comfortable and after driving 3 hours to Orlando, I hoped out and felt no fatigue and was ready to go. The driving characteristics are responsive and light, sometimes can feel a little to responsive, wish it had a sport mode for steering like my mustang. The power is great, 240hp out of a 2 litre turbo, crazy, kept finding myself cruising at high 80's and having to let off the gas. At this speed it averages 26.5 mph. We were loaded up with 2 dog carriers and several sets of golf clubs as well as suit cases and everything fit in the back without a single care. The interior sound was minimal, more noticeable was the tire noise from the Continental tires... All in all would have no problem suggesting this vehicle and hope to put many miles on it.

Real Luxury Great Price (but some long term niggle

Keith Klose, 10/27/2015
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After four years of searching for an eventual replacement for our 2002 RAV4 (it simply will not die), we wanted more power, some luxury and modern safety features, all at a good price. We had test driven the Tiguan, Q3, Q5, RDX, CX-5, Forrester XT, Outback, X1, and X3. The only one that we really liked was the BMW X3, but we didn't feel like paying $45k+ for the privilege. We tried a 2.0l 4wd Titanium Escape with the 301A package, moonroof, and navigation and (with incentives) were out the door for under $30k. The Escape is quiet, fast, very comfortable and luxurious, is fun to drive, and has all the capabilities we wanted in a relatively compact package. Gas mileage has been approx 25 mpg in mixed driving. Time will tell if it will be as reliable as we hope, but so far we can't fault it or the value. UPDATE 9000 miles: Above still applies with a few niggles: 1) not as much fun to drive as I had hoped as steering is heavy above 5 mph and much more boost at hwy speeds would be nice; 2) lack of upfront cubbies is annoying at times; and 3) front passenger seat doesn't go flat which affects the lengths of wood and sizes of furniture that can be carried on weekend Home Depot, IKEA runs. Update 40000 miles: a few more niggles; 1) it still has great power but gas mileage overall now 21.5 mpg; 2) front driver's seat bottom not comfortable for out of town trips; 3) drives like a truck with a stiff ride, heavy steering; 4) a rear wheel bearing went out at 10,000 miles 5) any time it is near freezing and wet, annoying transient and unidentifiable suspension/drive train noises make themselves known. I am starting to search for a smaller, smoother, more nimble crossover.

Good things come in compact sizes

Joel, 03/10/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the 2016 Escape Titanium with the 2.0 L engine. This SUV has lots of power and handles very well on the road. The Titanium level is loaded with many options and features. Navigation system is very easy to use as is all the function on this SUV. Interior finish quality is first class as is the exterior styling. Love the cargo room and foot activated rear hatch. If anyone is looking for a compact quality SUV with many options the Escape Titanium is the way to go.

12345...17