Used 2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Warning! Do not buy 2014 Ford Escape!
By Wendy

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2014 Ford Escape 35K miles, 1.6 Liter engine, 4WD, Ecoboost w/ Turbo in Nov 2016. At first everything was good at 40,000 miles a wheel bearing needed to be replaced, 50,000 the axle seal needed to be replaced, at 60,000 the Turbo case is leaking oil! Then just last week the transmission stated to slip! And of course it's out of warranty now, can't believe all this has gone wrong with this car! Ford has definitely gone down the drain as far as quality built vehicles go and they do not stand by their vehicles either from what I hear. Their more concerned about their profit margins and shareholders then they are their own customers. My family has owned nothing but Fords for the past 60 years! If Ford will not stand behind the vehicles it builds I will not stand behind Ford that builds these vehicles! I never thought the day would come when I would say I will never buy another Ford product again! All I've ever bought and owned was Ford vehicles, I was a very loyal customer. My advice to Ford Motor Company is they should read some of these reviews and get with it and at least stand behind their product which apparently they have not done in a while. I feel it suffices to say that Ford Motor Company unfortunately will never be what they used to be.

Ginger
By Shaen

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Not a lot of storage in the front of car. Had a Fusion before, liked it a lot better.

Great Mid-Sized SUV
By Charles Lyons Jr

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Might consider purchasing an extended warranty.

Fine, except the transmission
By Katie Johnson

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I would not buy this vehicle again. The transmission completely failed less than 15,000 miles in. I feel most drives are like driving on egg shells waiting for something else to go wrong. This would be a very nice vehicle, and it has gotten me all around the country on extremely long roadtrips, but it doesn't seem all too reliable and the integrity of the engine just isn't there. I've also had very poor experiences with Ford in general, both with customer service and repairs, but also in the ford roadside assistance. I was stranded with a flat tire in Montana a couple years ago and the roadside assistance guy literally told me to google the nearest repair shop (I couldn't, I didn't have internet access).

Smallish cool SUV
By Ron

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think my white Perl and saddle combo is very sharp. Fum car to drive. Turbo 2.0 in sport mode is a surprise. Nice creature features. Down side is the voice only while you drive is awful. Not even the passenger can load data by hand. Not good. Ford does not seem to want to hear what users have to say. Also no option for a power passenger seat seeing the titanium version.