Used 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used C-Max Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My C Max Titanium is a great car!

Judy, 02/05/2018
Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second c Max...I had a 2013 that I loved but it was totaled by a pickup cutting through 2 lines of traffic to make a u turn on Jan. 2, 2018. Without hesitation, I bought another c Max...my 2013 was totaled but I was not hurt...great safety records and airbags...lots of them protected me! This is a great car...great seating position...high enough to be comfortable getting in and out...great acceleration ...good storage area, mileage, comfy ride both as driver and passengers!

Amazing car with excellent mileage

Bob D, 04/03/2018
Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2018 for about 5 months; my wife has a 2013 SE C-max. Car is very comfortable, extremely quiet, accelerates and handles well (even in high wind). In Phoenix, averaged about 42 mpg in mixed freeway/local driving. Drove long term today for first time. Got 36 mpg driving up through the mountains in AZ, which I thought was good as never got more than 35 in the 2013 (and usually 30-31), but was blown away when I averaged 48 across NM. Only real complaint is that 8” screen with navigation and other features can only be controlled by touch, not by steering wheel controls. Does not have some advanced safety features like automatic braking.

Prius Killer

Craig, 07/20/2018
Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a Prius killer. I had a 2013 and recently traded it in for a 2018 when I found it was being discontinued. 50 more HP than a Prius. Quick, very quiet and smooth. Handles like a sports car. Great steering and road feel. No transition noticed from electric to gas or back again. 2018 has a much better navigation system than my 2013. My trip computer usually says 43-44 in mixed driving. Around town I can get 48-52. Got 60 mpg on one 12 minute trip around town. At 75mpg you can expect 38-39 mpg. Even over 80 it is hard to tell how fast you are going. The car is so quiet, smooth and refined. A Prius feels crude in comparison. 2018 battery warrantee is for 7 years or 80k miles.

To the Max

MacDaddy, 09/01/2018
Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Pick-up and acceleration is phenomenal for a car getting 38-42 mpg. Fun to drive, quiet, spacious except for back seats which don't recline fully and aren't adjustable enough. Instrumentation, front seat comfort and technology integration are far better than the 2017 RAV4 I leased before.

Compact SUV

Bud (George) Balloch, 11/03/2018
SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fantastic vehicle which I don't understand why Ford doesn't advertise more. Listed as a wagon but It to me is totally a Compact SUV. Leather seats and esthetics of the interior are unsurpassed. New purchase for under $20,000 I enjoy driving the C-Max more than the new Corvette and Charger I previously purchased. This is my ultimate retirement vehicle which I suspect will be with me for at least the next 10 years. The 188 HP is fantastic and I'm getting @ 39 mpg even with my heavy foot.