2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

surprised by the fuel economy
By Curt

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my cmax. My wife laughed at me when I brough the car home. I have always been a truck guy. But I drive 25 miles to work and the fuel economy was killing me. After owning the cmax for 2 months I was amazed at the fuel economy I was averaging 42 mpg in the winter. In the summer I have had it as high as 47.2mpg . I love the way it handles. It has plenty of power to get on the highway, which is where I do most of my driving .

Compact SUV
By Bud (George) Balloch

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fantastic vehicle which I don't understand why Ford doesn't advertise more. Listed as a wagon but It to me is totally a Compact SUV. Leather seats and esthetics of the interior are unsurpassed. New purchase for under $20,000 I enjoy driving the C-Max more than the new Corvette and Charger I previously purchased. This is my ultimate retirement vehicle which I suspect will be with me for at least the next 10 years. The 188 HP is fantastic and I'm getting @ 39 mpg even with my heavy foot.

To the Max
By MacDaddy

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Titanium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Pick-up and acceleration is phenomenal for a car getting 38-42 mpg. Fun to drive, quiet, spacious except for back seats which don't recline fully and aren't adjustable enough. Instrumentation, front seat comfort and technology integration are far better than the 2017 RAV4 I leased before.

Love my car
By Cristy

2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second C-max, first one was a hybrid and this one is a plug in. It has never disappointed me. I am a little upset with Ford because they wont be making the C-max any more. It has been a very good and comfortable car. Mileage with combined features is about 63 miles per gallon.

Prius Killer
By Craig

This is a Prius killer. I had a 2013 and recently traded it in for a 2018 when I found it was being discontinued. 50 more HP than a Prius. Quick, very quiet and smooth. Handles like a sports car. Great steering and road feel. No transition noticed from electric to gas or back again. 2018 has a much better navigation system than my 2013. My trip computer usually says 43-44 in mixed driving. Around town I can get 48-52. Got 60 mpg on one 12 minute trip around town. At 75mpg you can expect 38-39 mpg. Even over 80 it is hard to tell how fast you are going. The car is so quiet, smooth and refined. A Prius feels crude in comparison. 2018 battery warrantee is for 7 years or 80k miles.