Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

2013 C-Max SEL was a great buy!
By Joseph Zima

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. Lawrence KIA found a transmission problem and repaired it at no expense to us!

Little old grandmother's car
By Sherry Sanders

LOOKS aren't everything!

Great for in town
By Lmcd

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a really good little car for putzing around town but is not at all comfortable on the highway. The leather heated seats are well padded but the car is so small that you feel the highway. Gas mileage is phenomenal with highway mileage at 40+mpg. The amount of space in the car is quite surprising given the overall size of the car. There is ample headroom.

An absolute Joy!
By Vlad

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this little beauty only to get good gas mileage and did not expect very much. It turned out to be the best car I have ever owned. And I owned many cars over 19 years of driving. First off, please do not let looks fool you. It does appear very simple on the outside, but considering all the pluses this car offers it is well worth anyone's attention. First off is the power. It is very sufficient for a hybrid! I used to drive a 6 cylinder outback and this car would probably beat the subaru off the line. It does rev up from time to time due to a variable tranny, but it gets the job done if you need to pass someone or get the needed pick up on the highway. Interior comfort is beyond great. Lots of head room, good space especially in the back seats and controls are very comfortable. It may appear small on the outside but the inside area allows good stretch space and I would compare it to any midsize SUV. I have looked at the Kia Sportage and that car makes you fold in half just to get inside. The C-max if far more spacious in comparison. The faux leather seats are actually better than leather in my opinion because they do not get so hot in the summer. The only downside to the interior is lack of storage compartments to put small items which is a small design flaw for 2013 model. Performance continues to blow my mind after 2 years of driving it. I have had ZERO problems to date. It drives like a little cloud, swift on the turns, quick on the pick ups and very stable overall. Brakes response is good, but I've noticed while driving over dips it tends to slide over it which is likely because of the complex braking system of a Hybrid. But I never had issues with having to brake quickly whenever somebody in front of me snoozed away while texting. One little issue I do have with my beloved C-max is sometimes the engine may rev up for no reason at all, and it will always happen right when im driving next to a huge truck, it's a bit of a nuisance but I've gotten used to it. Consider that this car performs a lot more tasks with 2 combined engines than your regular Gas guzzler, it makes sense for it to overthink when to produce more power and when to conserve it. Turning radius is also a bit wide. Im still in love with it because It has served me well so far. And I actually use it for work putting in 100 miles a day, and it has never let me down. I highly recommend using full synthetic oil because regular oil will effect the performance of its engine. Overall it continues to surprise me up to this day. Its beyond me how such a great ride would go down in value so quickly, but some people like to judge by the cover and miss on great opportunities like this!

Ford C-Max SEL - Great Car -
By Jay Zee

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ford should definitely keep making this car! They are crazy to stop!