Used 2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY ONE. PLEASE!
By Danny M

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback t Turbo 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought last year with 4000 miles on it. No it’s not a miss print, a 2013 with 4K on it. 4 days after owning the car it started to make a ticking noise. Brought it back to the dealer, on the way to the dealer a boost hose came apart, I limped it into the dealer ship. 3 days of diag later they say the inputshaft bearing went out on the transmission. So they put a transmission in it and fix the boost leak. 3 months after owning it the a/c stopped working. It’s been back to the dealer 3 times for that and they can’t find out why. 4 month after owning it the driver’s side window starts to rattle when it’s 1/2 way down. Bring it back to the dealer and they said the window track bolts were loose, they repaired that. Then around 12k the engine starts to consume 2 quarts of oil every 2k miles. So we start to do an oil consumption report, which is basically drop the car off and have a tech check the dip stick. Now we’re at 18k and on the last dipstick check the dealership calls and says it needs an engine. So they order me up and engine and now it’s sitting at the dealership. I also found out when checking out the warranty coverage at the last dipstick check, the selling dealership put an engine in it at 3k and never disclosed it at the original sale. At this point I called fiat corporate and started this process. The put me with a case worker. I wanted to turn the car in but apparently fiat does not do buy backs and they wanted to connect me to some one in sales to try to “trade” it in on another product. So at this point my warranty runs out in September of 2019, which I will be trading it in. It’s a very fun car to drive. It’s got snap and hugs the corners very well (after I took the stock parrellies off and put on a set of coopers) which buy the way the tires were shot at 10k. Basically when it’s not at the dealer its fun to drive. Would I buy another fiat product again, hell no! Do your self a favor stay away from fiat.

Small price, lots of fun/utility/style
By RedmondTN

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiat 500 for $8K with 13,000 miles on the odometer and a few months' warranty left. It was my first used car since the mid 90s. A used Fiat 500 can be a great deal. Things I love: this car has great attention to detail in it's design - it has character and little things that delight, like the white instruments, controls, and steering wheel that make it feel unlike any other car available. The 2013 model has my favorite version of the interior because the dash lights are all orange and match; later models went to a different set of instruments that don't match the radio colors. I've put almost 10,000 miles on mine now going back and forth to work, the gym, and running errands - it has the easiest driving manual transmission I've ever owned and the electric power steering is a pleasure around town. I can always wedge it into that parking spot nobody else can use. You can drive it all out and never get into much trouble, and it has plenty of power for the freeway. The iPod integration, Bluetooth, and stereo are excellent and easy to use. On the down side - the seats have short bottoms and are not the most comfortable things, though that may be personal. Due to the short wheelbase, it can have a busy, sometimes nervous ride compared to a larger car. I feel quite content zipping around town with my little Fiat - it makes me smile. Like most of us, it's faults are the mirror image of it's strengths. I get impeccable, attentive service from my dealer (Fiat of Kirkland, WA).

I wasted my money
By Harry

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback t Turbo 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a new 2013 turbo Fiat with a manual transmission for $21,000. I drove it for 16,000 miles and the shape of the clutch pedal, ruined my left foot. I wanted to sell it but nobody was interested in owning a stick. I ended up selling it back to the dealer I bought it from for just $6100 dollars. While I owned it. I was annoyed with the horn blow when you lock the doors. I wasn't happy that this car did not have a door lock switch in the car. The seat seemed to be on a slant. When I sat straight up I noticed that I wasn't centered with the back rest and The seat wasn't center with the steering wheel. The designers most of seen these problems. Often, I had trouble getting third gear too. Make sure you really look a car over before you buy. I know I will be.

Fun, Fuel Effecient and safe
By Mike S

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

When my wife's' Hyundai blew up after a timing belt failure. We looked around at several sub compact cars that that she could drive confidently. When we tried the Fiat, we walked away from the dealer because the salesman tried to sell us one with a sunroof and I did not fit at all due to the decreased headroom. We later tried a standard pop and I fit perfect. The little Fiat was available in Green which was the wife's most important feature . Safety was mine. It has traction control, 5 airbags, anti lock brakes and great safety ratings. We were rear ended by a impaired driver on the highway and the traction control saved us from a potentially horrible situation. 6 months later a guy in a mustang ran a red light and smashed into the side..(Southern California Drivers) Both times were minor injuries although I was banged up a bit in the rear end collision. It gets about 30 - 40 MPG with the automatic and is a great value. I would advise anyone NOT TO GET WHEEL COVERS and step up and get aluminum wheels or zip tie those caps to the wheel as they always FALL OFF. irritating....

Great small car
By D g lisenby

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun and economical to drive