Used 2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

3,000 miles a month and I love it!
By Jay Cannaday

2013 FIAT 500 C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a long commute. 113 miles round trip. My 500 Pop does what I need it to do. Great gas mileage and no drama. I’m getting 44 mpg in strict interstate driving!

Small price, lots of fun/utility/style
By RedmondTN

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiat 500 for $8K with 13,000 miles on the odometer and a few months' warranty left. It was my first used car since the mid 90s. A used Fiat 500 can be a great deal. Things I love: this car has great attention to detail in it's design - it has character and little things that delight, like the white instruments, controls, and steering wheel that make it feel unlike any other car available. The 2013 model has my favorite version of the interior because the dash lights are all orange and match; later models went to a different set of instruments that don't match the radio colors. I've put almost 10,000 miles on mine now going back and forth to work, the gym, and running errands - it has the easiest driving manual transmission I've ever owned and the electric power steering is a pleasure around town. I can always wedge it into that parking spot nobody else can use. You can drive it all out and never get into much trouble, and it has plenty of power for the freeway. The iPod integration, Bluetooth, and stereo are excellent and easy to use. On the down side - the seats have short bottoms and are not the most comfortable things, though that may be personal. Due to the short wheelbase, it can have a busy, sometimes nervous ride compared to a larger car. I feel quite content zipping around town with my little Fiat - it makes me smile. Like most of us, it's faults are the mirror image of it's strengths. I get impeccable, attentive service from my dealer (Fiat of Kirkland, WA).

Best of 20 new cars I've bought
By David

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's like driving in a Grand Prix, just going to the store! And I've owned Dodge Vipers, Corvettes, AC Cobras, Honda S2000's, Mazda Miatas, GM Kappa convertibles. As they say, it's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. And it's not slow round corners. I have the optional forged wheels with summer tires. Handling is unbelievable. I can stay with anything on a country road. Sound is unbelievable. It comes from the factory with no muffler! Visibility is great. Sunroof is roomy and far enough forward that you can see the sky. Plenty of power. It goes 131 mph and I can substantiate that! Roomy, huge storage with the rear seats folded down. I have the optional leather interior and it rivals premium luxury cars. Bright, airy, a really great place to spend time. I've owned the car five years and had zero service issues. Highly recommended.

I wasted my money
By Harry

2013 FIAT 500 t Turbo 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a new 2013 turbo Fiat with a manual transmission for $21,000. I drove it for 16,000 miles and the shape of the clutch pedal, ruined my left foot. I wanted to sell it but nobody was interested in owning a stick. I ended up selling it back to the dealer I bought it from for just $6100 dollars. While I owned it. I was annoyed with the horn blow when you lock the doors. I wasn't happy that this car did not have a door lock switch in the car. The seat seemed to be on a slant. When I sat straight up I noticed that I wasn't centered with the back rest and The seat wasn't center with the steering wheel. The designers most of seen these problems. Often, I had trouble getting third gear too. Make sure you really look a car over before you buy. I know I will be.

Fun, Fuel Effecient and safe
By Mike S

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

When my wife's' Hyundai blew up after a timing belt failure. We looked around at several sub compact cars that that she could drive confidently. When we tried the Fiat, we walked away from the dealer because the salesman tried to sell us one with a sunroof and I did not fit at all due to the decreased headroom. We later tried a standard pop and I fit perfect. The little Fiat was available in Green which was the wife's most important feature . Safety was mine. It has traction control, 5 airbags, anti lock brakes and great safety ratings. We were rear ended by a impaired driver on the highway and the traction control saved us from a potentially horrible situation. 6 months later a guy in a mustang ran a red light and smashed into the side..(Southern California Drivers) Both times were minor injuries although I was banged up a bit in the rear end collision. It gets about 30 - 40 MPG with the automatic and is a great value. I would advise anyone NOT TO GET WHEEL COVERS and step up and get aluminum wheels or zip tie those caps to the wheel as they always FALL OFF. irritating....