Used 1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Talon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

The worst car i've ever owned.

todrick, 07/11/2002
TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

You've seen the movie, "The Money Pit", well, it could have been about the eagle talon. mine was the 1991 tsi AWD turbo. Problems and complaints, i will try and list briefly: many oil leaks, 2 clutches in 3 years, timing belt broke early causing head damage, numerous alternators, starter, unexplained engine revs that were not fixable by any mechanics, 2 oxygen sensors, failure of the factory alarm, etc. etc. besides that: bad gas mileage, poor visibility, car is too heavy, becomes a chore to drive for a smaller person, not very comfortable interior... please, do not buy an eagle/mistsubishi/plymouth product.

take care of your car

prevent matenence, 07/30/2002
TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

i'm more than sick of people complainin about there mitsubishi engined cars breakin down cause of the timing belt or wining about the turbo. if u check your belt about once every 3 or 4 or months 20,000 miles at least odds are that u'll find the problem before u blow the head on your motor. checkin the belt isn't difficult its a total of four screws to remove. and if u turn your car off emediatly without lettin the intercooler on the turbo cool the turbo down of course your gonna wreck it u'll do that to any turbo. i bought my car with 107000 on it and it now has 190000.

mchammond's talon

mchammond2, 08/15/2002
2dr Hatchback

My experience so far with my 1991 Talon has been okay. Except recently it has had a slight hesitation in the morning when taking off and shifting into different gears. Also the check engine light has came on and the car starts to shake and shutter then it tries to stall. I took it to a mechanic to have it computer anylized only to find out that the 1991 Eagle Talon doesn't have a memory in its computer, therefore I paid $50 for them to tell me that they couldn't get the code to the computer and the only way they could is if the check engine light stayed on. They told me that most likely it's one of the many sensors in the car.

money money money

boneybunion, 12/01/2002
TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I traded in my 91 bronco for this thinking that the gas mileage would be excellent. It wasnt. I paded 4995 for it which was a good price because it only had about 90k. Whith in the first week I had it I had to take it in to the mechanic to fix a tranny leak $1,500. The cruise control doesnt work neither does the liter. Now theres an engine oil leak. When the turbo goes on theirs a grinding noise in the front right. It barely starts when its cold out. Theres tons of turbo lag. Also now when pushed to the floor it stalls. Dont get me wrong it handles great even at 140 mph (I have a radar detector) but if there is a extended waranty available get it.

Buyer Beware

See See, 01/11/2003
TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought my car used and it always had a crappy tranny. I had my tranny work done under an aftermarket warrenty. Now it is in the shop getting the engine rebuilt and the syncros replaced in the tranny. The belt under the "bottom" of the timing belt screwed me up, so inspecting the timing belt doesn't really matter (in my case). I found a shop that works on nothing but Talons so that says it all but at least they will build a decent setup. Just in time for me to sell it.