Used 1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Cherokee
By Caryl creech

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

You should always remember one thing while buying a car make sure that the engine sounds great I mean check on every detail possible tires and everything excetera and when you do get your car no matter if they had just changed the oil just yesterday change it again that way you know

Been a great truck!
By laxbro

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I traded a 1997 Cadillac STS for this truck straight up and have had zero regrets. It has the 318 and it had 200,000 when I got it. Starts up and runs like a champ and has decent power. No tranny issues and it shifts smoothly. I converted it to flex fuel and the fuel system has never been cleaner. Have had no problems with using higher ethanol blends. The only problems I have had are replacing worn out front end parts (ball joints and wheel bearings; previous owner didn't take of it) I have put 30,000 miles on it since I have had it (about 1 year) and I would recommend a Ram to anyone!

Will have this truck until the day I die
By zmillerdodge96

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This past september my grandfather gave me his trusty old dodge, since the day i was born i have done nothing but love that truck... literally i was brought home from the hospital in it so it is very sentimental to me. It was always treated like a grandfather truck and had 125,000 when it was given to me and my grandfather took very good care of it. never towed anything huge but would trust it carrying a house. when i inherited it i put $700 in it to take care of every little thing he had neglected over the years, but in all the truck hasn't given me any surprises beside the water pump going, but a sunny afternoon with my grandfather and that fixed that problem. I will always have a dodge!

the simplisity of the truck, reliability, easy fixes (accessible)

cup holders, rear doors opening

Great Truck
By Mako235

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have no idea why so many people put down this truck in past reviews. I bought my truck a little over a year ago and I love it. I have the 5.2L V-8 engine, had 150k when I bought it and has 162k now and still runs great with great power. The truck may not be super fast, but it has a lot of torque, I have done a lot of mudding and only gotten stuck once. The 4 wheel drive is amazing I can run about anything, and I have pulled out many other trucks including ones bigger than me. I have done maintenance for like brakes and stuff. The only real issue was the catalytic converter that when bad. The transmission is slowly going out as it shifts still kinda rough and reverse makes a clunking noise.

Easy to drive, a lot of torque, and great for off-roading.

Different dash, mine has a bunch of cracks.

It's a beast
By mikeh15301

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I just got this truck and hasn't disappointed yet and the only problem is the transfer case. Its a little problem and an easy fix and the body work hasn't been that hard either other then that it runs great and definitely keep it running as long as it can or until the body falls apart.

the engine rocks and would replace it with the same engine if i had too.

the transfer case and transmission could use some help and the body paint needs to be stronger and not so easily rusted