Used 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Magnum SRT8 Future Classic
By Bill in Texas

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is an animal. try to find a wagon that looks this cool and runs like a muscle car. Very low production. Prices are rising with low mileage cars hard to find. Buy one now.

Once was just not enough
By D.E.Light

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a new SRT Magnum for my own retirement gift in 2007. Simply loved it but eventually sold it to a friend's son who kept bugging me for it (for 3 years). After that I owned 2 Chargers, 1 R/T, 1 SRT and a Chrysler 300C. I really missed the wagon because of the versatility and nasty looks so when I was able to find the second wagon I grabbed it. Never have had any issues with any of these vehicles but then I take care of all the maintenance/repair myself so no one can mess them up. There is a HUGE difference between the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi LX cars pretty much in all respects so for me it will always be the SRT. The 6.1 responds very well to small changes (tuning,exhaust,CAI) and kicks real butt when you also loose 150-200 lbs of weight from the car which is not that hard to do. Even with the 12 sec. 1/4 mile performance I get around 23mpg on 75mph trips. Best of both worlds and the darn thing is a wagon to boot! Kudo's to the SRT team. This gang has brought back the old day attitude and swagger we had in the 60's and early 70's. Chrysler leads and the others follow ( after complaining and trash talking about being beaten of course). Some things never change.

It's a wagon!
By william van dusen

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

My car 06 magnum srt-8 drives perfect for road racing, acceleration stopping night driving, looks (without a doubt) when backing just force yourself to turn your old tired body around an take a good look, blind spot is there in the back. Only thing I can see is when trying to drive down long straight roads the long wheelbase and ten inch tread in the front goes away from straight much easier than smaller tread tires but it corners unbelievable for a 4,300 lb. wagon with a long wheelbase, I'll take the cornering ability anytime. Ownership of my car has been a long time coming (since 1962) I've always coveted the big cubic inch Dodges and Plymouths, HA thought it was crippling at 4,600.00,

Top of the line many many features unheard of in the 60's. and at 372.2 cubic inches---hold on to your HAT! Corvette guys hate this but it's a wagon and corners (like) a vette. Kudos and smiles on my face as far as the features go, not a complaint about anything since I put bcs pads on the calipers

Spend more money and get the dust off of our wheels like I did (aftermarket)

SRTGreat
By trotime

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I tracked the SRT8 Magnum since it was first shown and then in to production. Since my wife has a R/T Magnum, when I could get an SRT8 there was no hesitation. It is quick, I have out performed many much higher priced cars, walked away from a M5, X5 and other hi pro cars. The car is a natural street "looker" and is well liked by "car people". The Red Pearl color is perfect and reinforces the design and general performance stance. I think Dodge has a winner here and every day I drive it I like it more. No matter what my mood, it gets better when I fire up the 6.1 Hemi. The only thing I would change is to make the exhaust "growl" more at idle and normal low end driving.

Power, looks, seats, color and, in general, the "bad boy" street look. All the rest is icing on the cake, its a winner.

More growl to the exhaust when not in full power. Hood scoop like the Charger as long as it is functional.

Needs Subtle Changes
By Jim Farmer

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Wagon (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The SRT8 Magnum is a thrill to drive and brings back muscle car excitment! As your heartbeat increases and your palms get moist, you accelerate from a complete stop, the G-forces press you into the seat and you smile as the speedometer eclipses the century mark in under 13 seconds. The highly bolstered seat holds you comfortably in place as you execute corners like you're glued to the road. This automobile is also practical because you can take along three passengers and their luggage with ease. I would recommend you at least test drive a SRT8 vehicle before you buy anything else!

Most notable features power, handling, and stopping capabilities. The interior is functional and well laid out. The seats are comfortable and meet the need when negotiating corners or running the quarter mile. The auto- manual transmission is a necessary additive to the overall fun when in a SRT8.

Better brakes! Improved pad materials and larger crossed drilled rotors. A sixth gear would be a nice addition and improve drivability. Increase the size of the gas tank from 17 gallons to 25 gallons.