Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

It's Not Good

big kev, 04/18/2002

We love the way the van drives and handles - like a car. Very convenient features but no power doors. The biggest problem has been the transmission - two trans gasket replacements so far at 35k. Power steering problems too.

All Good Here

61 kd, 04/29/2009

Bought this model from dealer, first family truckster I've owned. I think I'll own it forever. It just never quits. Did have a master cylinder issue early on but was under warranty. I also replaced the A/C but other than that nothing else. It rides like a dream, love the versitility of removing the 2nd row captain chairs, and it gets 23 on the highway. Engine and Tranny still going strong!

After 40,000 miles we still love it!

Alan_D, 05/31/2002

Our Grand Caravan has 40,000 miles on it after 2 years. It has performed very well over that period with only routine maintenance. For a large'ish van it handles very well and has decent acceleration (we have the 3.8L). I've been generally pleased with the gas mileage. We've averaged 19.5 mpg around town and 25 mpg on trips - and that is with an average of 5 to 6 people in it.

The Best Minivan Ever

DollyPartonRocks, 02/10/2010

I have only had one "under" the hood problems, that was in 2007, fixed & no problems since. Everything is still like new, although like all older cars it does need new headlights. Driver side sliding door got jammed once in 2003, fixed and no problem since. This is by far the best minivan ever!!! You can't go wrong with this thing!!!!

GET A HONDA MINIVAN

dENNY, 07/03/2002

I will never buy a dodge, chrysler, or jeep,again. The caravan's are no good I can't see why everone has one.I had many problem with the grand caravan, I had to get the brake replaced 3 time's and 2 time's replacing transmission.YOU CAN TELL HOW CHEAP IT's MADE BECAUSE THE DODGE SIGN FELL OFF THE HOOD. I MADE A BIG MISTAKE TRADING MY 1998 FORD WINDSTAR FOR A GRAND CARAVAN.

12345...15