Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

We’re a Dodge Family
By Nikki

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Durango. Both cars had over 175k miles each. Great car, lots of room, great handling (my 2nd car was iffy on wet pavement). My biggest issue with the Durango is the transmission. It’s not an expensive car to maintain but you obviously replacing a transmission is not a cheap fix. I’m downsizing to a Journey but I will be keeping a close watch on the transmission.

My Durango, Jango unchained!
By Nicole Wade

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved my truck, still do. Took use of what it was able to do and took care of very well. Guess, I wore my baby out.

MY BEST FRIEND FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS
By KC

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rock solid reliable if you care for it. The 4.7 is a brave little unsung hero of an engine. I am at 146,000 miles and still going strong.

Everymans SUV.
By Pfamilia8888

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned an 03 durango SXT and drove it for 8 yrs...luved it...just found an SLT 4WD with 61k original miles. Glad i found it when i did. They are becoming scarce and hard to find in good shape with lo miles. I use it 3-4 days a week and have a second vehicle. This is a good all around vehicle with many nice capabilities. It has 8 cylinders so it will best at 15mpg highway but my total daily commute is only 34 miles. This is a great inexpensive vehicle that can get you and 6 others where you need to go. I love it, highly recommend one.
I have driven it to florida and was very happy with the power handling and fuel econemy. All highway for 1200 miles and averaged 18.5 mpg. I will update more after the trip home. Keep your eyes out for low mileage durangos, I prefer the 2003 model.

Meet my dodge Betsy
By Stacy Stevenson

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It's a v8 so it does burn gas. But I would never give it up if I had descent income to support the gas and up keep! It needs a oil change an the front end needs aligned, and it needs a battery from where Iv had it parked for the past 6mo. It has heated seats!