Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

MY BEST FRIEND FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS
By KC

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rock solid reliable if you care for it. The 4.7 is a brave little unsung hero of an engine. I am at 146,000 miles and still going strong.

Everymans SUV.
By Pfamilia8888

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned an 03 durango SXT and drove it for 8 yrs...luved it...just found an SLT 4WD with 61k original miles. Glad i found it when i did. They are becoming scarce and hard to find in good shape with lo miles. I use it 3-4 days a week and have a second vehicle. This is a good all around vehicle with many nice capabilities. It has 8 cylinders so it will best at 15mpg highway but my total daily commute is only 34 miles. This is a great inexpensive vehicle that can get you and 6 others where you need to go. I love it, highly recommend one.

Meet my dodge Betsy
By Stacy Stevenson

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It's a v8 so it does burn gas. But I would never give it up if I had descent income to support the gas and up keep! It needs a oil change an the front end needs aligned, and it needs a battery from where Iv had it parked for the past 6mo. It has heated seats!

Just turned 280,000 miles. Still running great!
By Rick R.

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought our Durango 11 years ago with 51K miles on it. We have driven it all over the US with no major failures. Engine and transmission are still strong but engine does burn oil, which is expected with that many miles on it. I live on a ranch and have put it through a lot of towing and tough work.

10 years and counting
By Dapappa

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car when we had our first child back in 06. This vehicle has exceeded my expectations in many ways. The engine and trans are still very strong. I love my Durango and I plan on keeping for several more years. Well for one the resale value is horrible!