Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...56789...26

Pros
Cons

Large SUV feel in a small package

ziggymon, 12/01/2003
SLT 4dr SUV

Purchased our 5.2L new in 1999. This has been a wonderful vehicle. Yes, it rides a little stiff, but so do most other SUV's manufactured back then. However, the stiff ride allows for great cornering ability. Everyone knocks the gas milage. Have you checked other V8's fuel economy? Have you replaced your air filter? We just added a K&N air filter and are now getting 20 mpg on the highway! That's a 2 to 3 mpg improvement. As for the power....WOW! Passing has never been easier! And the pinging has all but disapeared. The truck has been nearly trouble free. Complete the scheduled maintenance and you shouldn't have any major problems.

Funner than a rodeo

Joeb612, 12/12/2005
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my first 4wd vehicle and I have to say that the ride is different than the Lexus RX300 I was driving. It is far better suited to the climate I live in. I have not suffered from the dreaded stopping on a hill and not being able to creep forward due to tire slipage. The 11.7 mpg city hurts a little, but overall a far more usfull vehicle. The third row seating w fold up second row makes for great movie watching for the kids on long drives. gives them lots of play room and still gives you room for a couple suitcases behind the third row.

SORRY DODGE YOU SCREWED UP!

Durangos Suck, 02/02/2004
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the Durango a $1000 under what everyone else was asking and got a great deal. One year later the truck depreciates $3500 bucks, and have had nothing but problems since. Had to put in tranny seals in 2 times now, ball joint are goin out, tie rod ends are going out, exhaust is going out. shocks, minor electrical, squeaky pullys, fog light switch, windshield spayers, differental is acting wierd, Braking is pretty funky as well somtimes the antilocks works somtimes they don't. I am at the point I am scared to keep it any longer. Oh yes and everybodys favorite complaint the HORRABLE gas mialage! 10 mpg.

My Dodge

Priscilla, 03/11/2004
SLT 4dr SUV

I prefer this body style compared to the new 2004 Durango.

99 durango

cheryl hayes, 05/02/2004
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the roomy interior, the comfort and the drive. I have had only 1 problem and that being using a automactic car wash the water gets in the distibutor and the car has to dry out a few minutes before starting.

1...56789...26