Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

The worst money can buy

PEEVED, 08/20/2002
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my ragedy piece of crap in july of 1999. I wanted to get rid of it a year later. I've have two transmissions replaced, a selnoid replaced (whatever that is), fuel lines and gauges replaced. I've taken it to the dealer est. 20 times, mostly for poor performance, lack of power which of coarse they can never seem to find the problem. The gas milage is ridiculous, the power is horrible, esp from a 5.9 liter V8 engine. I hate this SUV so much that im increasing my monthly payments so i can pay it down and trade it in. PLEASE, IF YOU EVER THOUGHT OF BUYING A DURANGO.....DONT. GET A TOYOTA.

Don't make this mistake

fhjsifhwiehfnsdf, 12/04/2002
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

A completely aweful vehicle. The reliability is horrendous and the service from the dealerships will blow your mind it is so bad. I finally punted mine and am so much happier with the Suburban now. Check the reliability ratings and reviews and heed their advice: Stay away at all costs. Dodge doesn't receive poor marks for nothing. If you buy a Durango you will regret is for years to come.

great truck

durango , 08/05/2003
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have put over 60k miles on this truck in 2 years. I absolutely love it! It has the looks and performance I need. Would definitely recommend to anyone considering an SUV. Gas mileage is a little low (15-16 average) but what do you expect from a V8 SUV? Great comfort for long trips.

good so far

biggj, 08/18/2003
SLT 4dr SUV

brought slt so far no problem, enjoy driving, very bad on gas, rear air don't cool like i would like. very good on the hwy

One of the Worst Vehicles I Have Owned

GreenPower, 09/24/2003
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This joke of a SUV averages 10 mpg around town, on the highway maybe 14 mpg. It has a variety of odd squeaks and assorted noises that the dealer cannot find and repair. My wife drives this vehicle around town, never offroad - the rear leaf springs snapped, which cost close to $1000.00 to replace. A power window sensor malfunctioned preventing the window from operating - $300.00 to repair. The power mirrors are now malfunctioning. The transmission is slipping. Overall this vehicle sucks - I'll never buy another Chrysler product.

12345...26