Used 2016 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

BUY IT IF YOU WANT TO BE ON YOUR OWN
By UNCLEBE38

2016 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Make sure you get a very good warranty for the brand does not stand behind you on repairs, and as everyone knows it going to break after the warranty. Its very expensive to fix this car.

Blue Lightning
By EA Williams

2016 Dodge Dart SXT Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great ride. Fuel economy is awesome. Style is great.

Dart your way to a Dodge
By J Christensen

2016 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It’s a compact so don’t have unreal expectations but for the money it was the best value we could find for something that we could still enjoy to drive. I feel like the fuel economy could be a little better for this size vehicle. Our vehicle had a mangled underbelly pan but it’s not surprising since it’s basically carpeted cardboard. I bought a new panel and sprayed it with two cans of professional undercoating. The panel now repels water and doesn’t get soggy and weak in wet conditions. The motor is actually decent but it’s still a joke compared to the Hemi in my Ram. Too bad the Dart is discontinued it seems like a pretty decent vehicle just hopefully it is reliable long term.

Not What I Expected From Dodge...
By Ryan

2016 Dodge Dart Turbo 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Being only 22 years old, this was the first car I have purchased brand new in 2017 as a 2016 leftover model. I purchased the car to be a dependable daily driver for my one hour commute to work everyday. I loved the look of the car, the 6-speed standard transmission, and deal I thought I got. I am a car and truck enthusiast and I am no stranger to working on vehicles. I have also been driving a standard transmission vehicle since I am 15 and I am a reasonable driver. I was very impressed with the car on my test drive for only having the 1.4L 4 cylinder engine and knew I wanted to take this car home. Bad idea. After three weeks of owning the car the interior already started to rattle and hasn't stopped yet, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. About a month a half into owning the car, third gear started to "hiccup" during my acceleration, of course the dealer "couldn't duplicate it" when testing it. At 20,000 miles on the factory tires were so choppy I had to put four brand new tires on. At the same time, my brakes also started fluttering as if the rotors were warped. All the dealer could tell me was the tires were bad AT 20,000 MILES! And also that my brakes were fine. After putting 4 brand new tires on, at about 25,000 miles I began to hear a light screeching sound coming from the front left wheel, kind of like a bearing starting to wear and I have such a bad vibration in the steering over 70MPH that my commute home on the highway is torture. I am currently just under 30,000 miles and am NOT looking forward to what else is to come. I am disappointed with the acceleration with the car now, as it is not like it was the first day I brought it home. When I open the door when its bitter cold out my dash lights flicker and the gauge pods act up. Not to mention the resale on this car is worthless. I am not the kind of guy to complain like this or bad mouth Dodge as I have sworn by them since before I could sit behind the wheel. But I am absolutely positively regretful I purchased this car. It has its benefits that I truly do enjoy, but after dealing with issues I should see until well after 50,000-100,000 miles, I can honestly say I made a mistake buying this car. It is truly a blessing they stopped making this cars.

2016 Dart rallye sexy
By Cody

2016 Dodge Dart SXT Sport Rallye 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Dodge gave me a really good warranty and worked very hard into getting me into this Dart it is used but it’s mint and you can get plenty of good features with it