Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Awesome truck!

HateDodge, 07/14/2002
Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I wonder why people never say anything bad about dodge dakota

Fantastic

Brian1330, 08/19/2002
2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great truck to drive. It has the power and the looks. I drove several trucks before buying the Dakota, and I couldn't beat the room. For the same price as a compact truck why not buy the midsize Dakota. You wouldn't be sorry.

BAD DODGE

Chris Wesendorf, 11/16/2002
SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

DON'T BUY ONE!! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH MY VEHICLE. iT STILL HAS A VIBRATION THAT IT'S HAD SINCE DAY #2.

Don't buy one of these(Unless it's mine)

GasHog, 01/21/2003
R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

The best fuel economy I ever saw was 11mpg on the highway on a several state road trip. The EPA claims 17mpg on the highway and a few less for the city. I could expect 7 to _maybe_ 8mpg on an average tank of mixed city/highway driving. This truck is supposed to be performance oriented. It is not very quick considering it has a 360cid engine and gets such lousy fuel economy. If you are in the market for a high performance truck, spend the extra money and buy a Ford Lightning (I don't even like Ford and am suggesting it over my Dodge).

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

George Barnett, 08/24/2004
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

Like the looks of the vehicle but the poor quality qickly caught my attention. Tires were an issue from the test drive, dealer replaced 2 before I replaced the whole set, engine pulled at 18k and new seals installed, electrical problem, brake caliper and brakes completely replaced at 24K, dealer said was normal, dealer says control arms needed replacing about the same time. Rattles developed in the dash (which drove us crazy) never got them quited down) along with the bed which I later found was not fasten on straight. Plastic fastners came loose around windshield and on firewall. I understand why the dealership high pressured the extended warranty.

my 2000 dodge dakota with 283,000 miles

jackson, 03/14/2019
Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

How well it has been mantained

GOOD TRUCK

CPB, 04/25/2002
SLT Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

THIS THE 5TH ONE I HAVE OWNED - ALL HAVE BEEN GOOD. I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY ONE EVERY 2 YEARS. JUST SIGNED A DEAL ON A 2002 YESTERDAY.

Not Happy

Not Happy , 05/08/2002
Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

18,000 miles total. transmission failure at 3000 miles,Paint coming off rear bumper covers 4500 miles,truck stopped running ecm failure at 9500 miles,fuel gauge sender replaced at 15000 miles. Whats next??? Don't think I'll buy another one

No problems yet

staffer21, 06/06/2002
R/T Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had mine for about 6 months, it is a great ride and very enjoyable. My last car was a mustang, and this is a nice trade.

Can't wait for end of lease

MerleB, 06/07/2002
SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

A year to go on my lease and I can't wait to get back into a car. This truck combines poor gas mileage with mediocre performance, a great combination. It is truly gutless. Ride, handling and braking are also poor. It desperately needs a third door for rear seat access which is truly awkward. It is also helpless during Michigan winters without snow tires.

12345...12