Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

Great for a cheaper-end product of dodge

Devyn, 02/19/2016
Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have been in a Dodge truck family my whole life (Rams, Durangos, and my own Dakota) and i couldn't be more pleased with a 16 year old truck. Drive a 2000 dakota "sport edition" 3.9 v6. Religious fluid changes, brakes, tire rotations, all done myself. Yes, rust is an issue, but thats the only big issue I've run into. No major engine or even transmission issues (which is unusual for an old dodge truck) have occurred yet, besides an oil pan gasket. Cold air intake and bigger, meatier tires than stock and my baby overcomes anything i throw its way. Looking to replace its status as my daily with a charger r/t, but even after that my Dakota will not be gotten rid of until every part has seized. If i could go back, i think i'd buy it again.

No lack of power

fla cruser, 07/29/2008

Good looking truck, handles very well, its quick, no major problems fuel mileage could be better

Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L

Mike7642, 11/04/2009

I first bought this truck out of practcallity. Room plus towing. After a few simple mods I found myself with one powerful machine. Its hard to keep the foot off the gas with such a sleek truck with power to spare. I have since bought a 2009 Laramie and while totally impressed with it, I miss my Dakota.

123k and runs like new

Tim, 07/31/2008

This is the best truck I've ever had. It handles, rides, brakes, and looks great. I had only had Chevy's before and hated the Anti-lock brakes, but love the Dakota's brakes.This truck rides at least 10 times better than the Chevy and has a lot more power than the Chevy did, and I went from a 4.3 Chevy to a 3.9 Dakota. The only thing I don't like is the fuel economy, but not so bad I would go back to Chevy. Don't know if I'll ever buy another Chevy.

Great until 100k miles

Melissa42781, 01/07/2008

I bought my Dodge in 8/04, 3 months later I got pregnant. The truck was great with a baby, though no room for all the stuff that goes with a kid. The power is great, I pulled someone out of being so stuck that the rope broke. Gas mileage was terrible. Once my truck reached 100k miles it basically pooped on me. it was one thing after another. to make a long story short I had to get rid of it. I could not afford to keep fixing it and paying the car payment. No one knew what was wrong with it. But other than that I loved it.

12345...23