Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Great for a cheaper-end product of dodge

Devyn, 02/19/2016
Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have been in a Dodge truck family my whole life (Rams, Durangos, and my own Dakota) and i couldn't be more pleased with a 16 year old truck. Drive a 2000 dakota "sport edition" 3.9 v6. Religious fluid changes, brakes, tire rotations, all done myself. Yes, rust is an issue, but thats the only big issue I've run into. No major engine or even transmission issues (which is unusual for an old dodge truck) have occurred yet, besides an oil pan gasket. Cold air intake and bigger, meatier tires than stock and my baby overcomes anything i throw its way. Looking to replace its status as my daily with a charger r/t, but even after that my Dakota will not be gotten rid of until every part has seized. If i could go back, i think i'd buy it again.

No lack of power

fla cruser, 07/29/2008
R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Good looking truck, handles very well, its quick, no major problems fuel mileage could be better

Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L

Mike7642, 11/04/2009
Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I first bought this truck out of practcallity. Room plus towing. After a few simple mods I found myself with one powerful machine. Its hard to keep the foot off the gas with such a sleek truck with power to spare. I have since bought a 2009 Laramie and while totally impressed with it, I miss my Dakota.

123k and runs like new

Tim, 07/31/2008
SLT Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the best truck I've ever had. It handles, rides, brakes, and looks great. I had only had Chevy's before and hated the Anti-lock brakes, but love the Dakota's brakes.This truck rides at least 10 times better than the Chevy and has a lot more power than the Chevy did, and I went from a 4.3 Chevy to a 3.9 Dakota. The only thing I don't like is the fuel economy, but not so bad I would go back to Chevy. Don't know if I'll ever buy another Chevy.

Great until 100k miles

Melissa42781, 01/07/2008
Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Dodge in 8/04, 3 months later I got pregnant. The truck was great with a baby, though no room for all the stuff that goes with a kid. The power is great, I pulled someone out of being so stuck that the rope broke. Gas mileage was terrible. Once my truck reached 100k miles it basically pooped on me. it was one thing after another. to make a long story short I had to get rid of it. I could not afford to keep fixing it and paying the car payment. No one knew what was wrong with it. But other than that I loved it.

Nice Affortable Truck

pcannon, 05/03/2002
Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

A real gem. Cute, functional, confortable, truck. Loved everything about the truck except an unrepairable wind noise leak around the driver side window seal. Also, with V8 the computer shut off fuel flow to engine without surprise at 97 mph. Understandably for safety, however operating paremeters should be disclosed in owners manual.

2000 DAKOTA SPORT

SUBMARINER, 05/14/2002
Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I HAD MY DODGE DAKOTA SPORT EXTENDED CAB FOR 2.5 YEARS AND HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH IT. THE WORST OF WHICH WAS AT 30,000 MILES MY TANSMISSION FAILED AND THE TRUCK WAS IN THE SHOP FOR 3 WEEKS GETTIGN FIXED. NOW AT 52000 MILES THE SAME THING IS STARTING TO HAPPEN AGAIN, IT IS SHIFTING REALLY HARD.

BEST TRUCK YOU CAN HAVE

Woods10, 12/12/2009
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I'm 17 and My dakota is amazing!! I love it!! It has the 4.7 V8 and NO lack of power thats for sure! i have 3in of lift with 33x12.50 mud kings and people are always amazed in how much mud this truck will go through!! Only thing i want to change is the front seats. i want to make it a six seater with the flip up console. i just don't know where to find it.

sollar yellow

dak , 06/15/2002
Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

overall this is a good truck for the exeption of the auto trany that sleeps all the time when passing.

It's a good truck

rbc1965, 07/27/2010
Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new from dealer with 1.5 miles on it for $19,000.00 Cash. My Dodge is dependable. I crashed it pretty bad once and had the dealer fix it ($6000 for repairs). After 10 years it still drives like a new truck & has NEVER stuck me anywhere. I have owned A 75 Ford Courier, A 90 Mazda B2200 and this Dodge. The 1975 Ford was the best. The 2000 Dodge is second best. The 1990 Mazda was the worst. I have kept up the tune up's and oil changes and have never had a problem with it yet. The interior is a bit cheap with plastic parts(I broke the plastic Parking Brake Release Handle & Cup holder). Other than that I am very happy with the truck.

12345...12