Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

love my dakota

maverick, 04/09/2003
SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This truck has preformed great from the day I drove it off the lot. Have not had one bit of trouble. I do not have the limit -slip rear end, I know people who do and they have lots of trouble with there Dakota.

00 Dakota 4wd

HLC, 03/16/2002
SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Good

2000 4.7 Auto Quad Cab

ahasher, 03/18/2002
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

Love this truck. The handling and power are well above what I expected for a "mid"sized truck. The 4.7 V8 accelerates flawlessly and has power on demand on the interstate. At 47500+ miles she still has NO rattles/noises inside the cab, very low wind. NO excessive tire wear for the mileage(with my regular rotations). Problems encountered: engine rough idle. Crank Shaft Position Sensor failed. The electric aux fan relay stuck on, damaging the fuse box, dealer replaced with a loaner Durango the whole wait. My brakes chirp constantly even with cleaning. Summary: QC still performs as good as the day I drove her home.

My 4 Banger

Dean Kanellis, 08/26/2018
Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck at Carmax in Plano, TX in 2005 with only 3500 miles on it. Fast forward to today in 2020 the truck now has 125K miles on it and still running strong. This truck has been my daily driver all this time and the truck has never let me down or stranded anywhere. It is an enjoyable fun truck to drive. My wife says it's a cute truck due to its compact size. Yes, it had its share of normal repairs like the radiator, water pump, ball joints, alternator, rotors, u-joints, fuel pump, and one clutch. But never I've had any major breakdowns, setbacks or major repair bills. Cons include: The 4 cylinder engine has low horsepower,(120 hp), and very poor acceleration, especially with the AC running. Very lightweight in the tail section and can easily lose traction in inclement weather situations. Plastic materials used in the interior. Seat comfort is average and not recommended for long trips. 5-speed manual transmission is average and at times hard to shift in the winter months. Average safety features. Poor paint job which is now going through extreme fading and peeling, (I plan to get it repainted soon). Can only tow lightweight items,(under 5K lbs.safely). Pros include Great styling both interior & exterior, user-friendly instrumentation, and layout, excellent viewing with minimal blind spots, very cold AC, above-average ride for a base truck, very reliable truck, strong engine,(Jeep engine), decent headlight illumination, minimal road noise for a small truck, and great gas mileage! I've kept up with the maintenance on this truck and never abused it and that's why it's still going strong. It's all about how you treat a vehicle that will determine it's longevity outcome. This particular generation of Dakotas is still quite popular for their styling and dependability. I plan to restore this truck and drive it for another 125K miles.

2000 Dakota Quad Cab SLT

Art Tafil, 10/12/2018
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is a perfect "Gentleman's" truck. It is super comfortable. Mine had pretty much every available option you could ask for. The A/C could almost make ice cubes on the hottest day and the heater would roast you on the coldest day. The nubbly textured cloth interior wears great and after 243,000 miles showed NO WEAR! I'd recommend this truck to anyone.

51050