2018 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Daytona 392 Love it!
By K. Miller

2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

Not for comfort or economy but what a car!

do not buy dodge.
By remse ollitsac

2018 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

purchased a dodge charger about 2 weeks ago, already having issues with vehicle. panels under car come off! and they will not fix it! warranty wont cover it. now car has a rattling noise under car. i was warned about dodge but didnt listen. DO NOT BUY DODGE!

2018 charger gt plus awd
By Gary

2018 Dodge Charger GT Plus 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Over all a great car. Color choices are best in industry. Comfortable interior lay out is fantastic. Beats sound system is the best in industry. Leather interior is beautiful and comfortable. Engine is where this car lacks. V6 only with the AWD not good Dodge. Yes this motor makes decent power and yes the 8 speed transmission is spectacular. Yes the all wheel drive works amazing and this car is two wheel drive 90% of the time till wipers are turned on or wheel slip is senced. Or Temp falls to 40f degrees ambient. The fit and finish all around I give a A grade . Ride quality is a little stiff as it should be it is a muscle car/ family sedan. The steering is tight and very responsive. Grip is great in corners and body roll for such a big car is quite good. It turns in the corner not much push. The car stays planted and pointed exactly where you put it and yes I push it to it's limit. My previous car was a charger rt classic m6. This car is superior to the Challenger in every way possible except the power plant. I also owned the ram 1500 with this v6 and I was impressed with it's towing capacity and fuel mileage. The chargers power is much more than the truck. Over all I give the 2018 Dodge charger gt plus AWD a 4.9 star rating. Maybe turbos would help me be a 5 star member 😁

Never thought I would buy a Dodge on purpose!
By Dave Gilbert

2018 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I already loved the way the new Chargers looked on the outside, but never considered purchasing one due to the previous bad experiences with Chrysler products that my family members have had. I drove a Charger last November at a local auto expo, and was thoroughly impressed! I already assumed it would be fun to drive, but I was astounded at how solid and well made it was.

It is rock solid, and will cruise at 100 mph as smoothly as if it were standing still. (Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt :-) ) Initial build quality is on par with the Japanese marques that I usually own. It is really hard to believe that this car came from the same company that manufactured my wife's dreadful 2010 Chrysler Sebring, the car that made her swear off American cars for life.

When it came time to shop for a new car in February, I test drove a number of different makes and models, never really thinking that I would seriously consider a Charger. And yet, no other car came close to matching the combination of performance, style, and quality the Charger offered; it was the easiest choice I had ever made on a new vehicle.

The 5.7 Liter HEMI V8 is legendary. I always start the car with the remote start feature as I walk up to it, just to hear that sweet rumble. And this car is packed with technology that actually works. It comes standard with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, so there was no need to buy the Navigation package; I simply use the navigation app on my smartphone. There are countless small features that show how much thought was put into the overall design. The hood has gas struts instead of the aggravating prop rod, there are courtesy lights galore, hooks in the trunk to hang plastic grocery bags, and the list goes on. No one would select a car based on these small details, but they make a great car even better.

I was never impressed by the aesthetics of the instrument panel while sitting in the car, as I had done at previous car shows. But when I drove it, everything clicked. For some reason, the excellent ergonomics of the instruments and switchgear while driving the car made the appearance of IP more palatable; I still have not figured out how that is possible, but it's true!

The exterior design is perfect for its intended demographic: those enthusiasts looking for an unashamedly American, no compromise muscle car (yeah, it is assembled in Canada, but still...). It is beautiful, in my opinion. There are none of the obnoxious and superfluous bulges, creases, warts, goiters, flaps, slits, nostrils, fins, or claspers that most new cars are plagued with. Who decided that the front of a car needs to look like a giant insect anyway??? Lookin' at you, 2018 Camry. It will not appeal to everyone; luxury car snobs will not be impressed. Who cares? They weren't invited to this party anyway.

I have surprisingly few nits to pick about this car; they got all of the big things right. I can really only think of two small items that I would change...there is no rear seatback release in the trunk like my older Camry had; the seatbacks have to be released from the interior. Also, I wish the active exhaust had a "quiet mode" like the new Mustangs (the only redeeming feature about the new Mustangs, IMO). I don't think the exhaust is loud enough to offend any neighbors, but I still feel a little self-conscious coming or going when my neighborhood is asleep.

I have owned the car for only three months at this point, so I cannot comment on long term reliability. If I start having any issues that are concerning, I will come back and change my rating and review accordingly. I can say this, however: my last few cars ended up being traded in every three years or so, so I decided it would make sense to lease instead of buy this time. But if this car holds together, I may consider buying it at the end of the lease and keeping it. Sure, I will be spending more on it than if I had just purchased it in the first place, but when you finally find a car that checks all of the right boxes, it's hard to think about turning it in!

CAR IS ABSOLUTELY DYNOMITE ,OLD SCHOOL PERFORMANCE
By TONY TESORIERE

2018 Dodge Charger R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Fantastic car in all respects,old school rwd v8,sounds as good as it comes.thrilling to drive and room for family and dog .clear rear vision plus camera...a real head turner.