Used 2011 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Lots of problems
By spedly

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '11 SE model with less than 7000 miles on it.
(It turned out being wrecked).
I have had two recalls (which came after the problems started and the dealers didn't know how to fix).
Just recently, my alternator died and I couldn't find an aftermarket one, so the mopar alternator cost over $500 (after the fact, the alternator became a recall item).
The radio was not at all powerful so I had to put in an aftermarket amp. Lots of frustration and disappointment!
The blind spot is huge and is hard to back up to park.
On the bright side I love my car when it is running. Haha! I always get compliments on it and I think it rides better than the CTX Caddie.

Well, Edmunds wanted me to update my review so here is a 5 year update. The ride is still good and I still get compliments on the looks of the car. The V6 is powerful and I have no problems passing and making left hand turns. After correcting the 3 recalls on the electronics, I haven't had any visits to the repair shop. I still have a pending recall, the Takata (sp?) passenger airbag. The only bad thing currently is that as soon as I made my last payment a mysterious rattling noise is coming from the dashboard and is extremely annoying. I have close to 70k miles on it. I'm on my 3rd set of tires ( I rotate my tires every time I change my oil, every three to five thousand miles). The first set that came with the car lasted about 20k then the Bridgestones lasted 45k.

So, in review, it's paid for, it rides and looks good but darn that rattle is driving me crazy!!

Edmund's wanted me to update again, year 7. 85k miles and just put on my 4th set of tires. still have a mystery rattle going on. I changed my trans fluid about 75k . Getting ready to put on new brakes. I also put on a cold air intake, it maybe increased performance, it increase gas mileage about 10% and it also made the engine a litter louder, especially when you 'get down on it'. My radio is down to one speaker. I gotta look into that one, lol.

R/T Classic GWE
By rcatta

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this car. Green with envy color. I live in NYC and get people taking photos all day long.
It is just beautiful. And when I am on the highway, the engine just purrrrrs. No problems. Plenty of power, torque, plenty of room inside. My only real complaint is the steerting wheel is not the most comfortable, like they are in most modern cars.

Love the manual six speed. Engine capable of 400+ HP. The styling of this car is surely one of its best features. Power and beauty combined.

Manual six speed, upgrade with Hurst shifter. Mopar cold air intake and Borla cat backs. Sound system upgrades.

too many recalls
By gearheadbear

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Challenger since the end of 2011 and still have less than 15,000 miles. My wife stays at home and this is not a commute vehicle. I had problems with the door handles and wiring harness before the recalls even came out. Now the torque converter gave itself up internally. After taking back twice dealer is replacing the torque converter only and "flushing" the transmission. Antioch Dodge in Northern California is not the right place to get proper service done right the first time.

Style

Better support and customer service after the vehicle is sold.

Modern Muscle
By bigles985

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my SRT8.
Has enough power to throw you into your seat but still can get over 20 mpg if you're easy on the throttle.
I love the styling and love the fact my kids can fit in the back.
I also have the Green With Envy color and get compliments on my car all the time at the pump.

Green with Envy
By toyotacurrenla

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still practically new.
Car gets a lot of attention specially with the green color.
The 6.4L has a lot of power and sits you back in the seat any time you want to.
Love the car it's comfortable, powerful, and large enough for my family to enjoy.

Love the SRT seats very comfortable. Great acceleration. Overall exterior is classic muscle.