Used 2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Durable, Reliable, Fun, and Comfy!
By Jordan

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Express 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my avenger after researching several different used cars. I purchased it with 31k miles on it. in The first 2 years that i owned it i added roughly 40k miles to the odometer with several road trips between CO and OR. On my long road trips i was able to achieve 33mpg~ and had next to no problems with the exception of one trip when a cougar hit my front right quarter panel after which i drove safely for another 1100 miles back to CO. With regular maintenance this has been the most reliable car in my family, it has also been one of the most comfortable with room enough for my daughters car seat and 2 passengers in the back seat. I dont quite understand Edmunds con that the trunk is too small, i have literally fit 2 adults in the trunk comfortably before, i have also used it to lug 3-4 peoples snowboard gear up to the mountains safely and comfortably. This car is also fun when driven correctly, i use it to chase my wife in her v6 suv down the hwy on occasion and did so quite successfully. The handling isnt F1 quality for sure but youre not going to lose control if you lay the pedal down through the corner either. I have loved this car since i purchased it and will be sad to see it go when it comes time to purchase something else.

Doing Ok Dont Get Excited!! DODGE
By Joseph Rimmer

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Mainstreet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Dodge Avenge Mainstreet- What A great Ride!! I've had my 2011Avenger from 2011-2016. no problems what so ever!! It currently has 155,000 miles on it and keeps goin!! do all maintenance regularly. This car still can go another 100,000. its been driven to Texas over ten times!! From Minnesota.. always dependable!!

Worst Car I Ever Owned!
By Bria

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Express 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car was a huge lesson learned. The dealership played me into buying a car that was more than what it was worth. Selling it had been a huge hassle and knowing what I know now I'd do so much better. The car literally falls apart every other month. I’m glad to be purchasing something that isn’t Dodge going forward.

Awsome comfort! horrible reliability
By cindi

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Express 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a comfortable car, for short and tall people, and a smooth/quiet ride, with a sharp look to it, than this car is for you. BUT, if you are looking for a reliable car, than this is NOT the one you want!! we have had this car for 6 months and has been in the shop 3 times, granted it has just less than 80k on it, one time was for routine mantanace, but once was the check engine light sensor and just now the alternater. We are wondering "what next" we cannot afford payment plus fixing problems that should not happen.. sigh.. will not buy another Avenger, even though it is VERY comfortable and is sharp looking, it is not reliable, beauty is not everything.

Fool me once dodge, but fool me twice
By Logan King

2011 Dodge Avenger Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second dodge first one the thermostat housing cracked and had to be replaced as well as water pump till finally died, I now have an avenger certified pre owned and less than 80,000 miles and regularly maintenance and same issues with this one. Two dodges same problems all coming to the amount of 900 plus in price.