Used 2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan Consumer Reviews

S 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

GREAT SMALL CAR
By cristian

2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Every one talks bad about the car since brand is not well known, but if go in to detail youll see this daewoo stopped production on 2002 but the car itself (machine under chasis) continue to be produce under different makes and model names. This is way people would say (You will never find parts for that car) and when you go online youll find that engine search like amazon or Google would say this car fits several parts from different makes, so guess what!!! you have more parts than any one car out there. now, when it comes to cheap yes, is a cheap and reliable car, dont complain about this car saying how crappy [non-permissible content removed] it is, is true is cheap, but thats what you're paying, dont compare it to a bmw or fancy one, as far I myself I've one bought this year and got clear was a cheap standar car, no bad or excellent at all, but it turned out to be a very good reliable car, super smooth to drive not as hard as the volskwagen jetta I've had before and being a better make, but this one comes out ahead on comfort, overall I'm happy with this car, is just what I was looking for and what I need.

2nd Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By AnyComonSens

2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 Daewoo Lanos with only 51,000 miles on it about 11 months ago. I bought this car when gas prices were at $4+ per gallon, and I got stuck needing a new car at the wrong time. I've always driven small 4 cylinder cars and prices on them soared last summer right when I needed to replace mine. This Lanos was the only thing I could find in my price range so I fell for it. The only car I've ever owned that was actually crappier than this car was an '86 Ford Escort. There really is no comparison between this car and the other 4 cylinders I've owned. I've owned Volkswagons, Toyotas, Nissans, Fords, etc. and this Daewoo is by far the cheapest piece of junk I've owned since the Escort.

None. The whole thing should never have happened.

Pretty much everything. Use thicker steel, make it driveable, ever hear of sound dampening? Mileage is poor for a car this small and light. Engine is noisy and sounds like it could blow up and any moment.

We bought TWO Lanos S sedans
By Norm Wherrett

2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

In February 2003, we bought two used 2002 Lanos S sedans sight-unseen from a wholesaler in Arizona for $3,650 each. Both cars were loaded, used only 10K miles, with remaining factory warranty. We could not be happier! They drive well, get 30+ mpg, and have been totally reliable. Factory recall [electrical] handed PDQ by local Daewoo dealer [our cars didn't have the problem]. Cars now have 21K each.

Of the dozens of cars we've owned, these Lanos S sedans are the best transportation value ever!

We've got no complaints.

too early to tell alot
By kva

2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

so far the car is a pleasure to drive.
performance is better than most cars in
its class. comfort is fine for me and
I am 6' 200lb male. like the exterior
design of the 4 door and the trunk
space isn't bad either. Like everyone
else have concern that car is being
built in Korea and Vietnam by GM/Korea
venture out of Chapt11.

Gas mileage around town not the best ( approx 27 ) but highway running around 32mph. I have not put many miles on car so far but am impressed with quality, low cabin noise on xway and ease of handling.

Would like to hear from others who also own this type of car so we may network in case of potential class action down the road. Send mail to yk2enterprises@aol.com attn: kirk

Waste of money
By Kelly S

2002 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am totally not happy with this car.
I would never recommend this car to
anyone. Yeah it looks cute. But when
anything happens, don't expect to get
your car back for at least 2 1/2
weeks. One time my car was in the shop
for 3 months straight, then it had to
be towed from M.D to N.Y, then it was
in the shop for another month, then 2
weeks another time. It is ridiculous.
I am trying to get rid of this car as
we speak b/c basically the car is made
of glue. Not worth spending your money
on, even if it is your first car. By
the way if you don't know already
Daewoo went bankrupt. Keep that in
mind.