Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Mostly Happy
By Base Model Buyer

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is only my second new car & I am pleased for the most part. I love the style, inside & out. The van has been pretty reliable but I had to replace brake pads at 36,000 miles (I drive in Atlanta traffic, but don't ride my brakes). At 70,000 miles, the driver side CV Axle broke internally (boot not torn at all); had to tow van home & replace. The passenger side is popping; plan to replace this week before I get left on the side of the road again. Maybe a recall is necessary, since the dealership parts guy admitted that he's sold allot of them? The lifters are noisy, maybe I should try a higher octane gas, as a previous review suggests? Hard to, with gas prices the way they are...

The styling, easy to see out all windows. The seating, wish I could've afforded Stow 'N Go!

Better gas mileage, better warranty - I went over the 36,000 miles in a little over a year! Better jack/full size spare (I had a flat). Address CV Axle issue - dealer only part and expensive, thank goodness my brother installed mine!

Excellent Choice - Highly Recommended
By Bay Area T&C Driver

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our 2006 Town & Country - great design and truly the best value for the money. For whatever reason they don't have our short-wheel base model in the latest (2008) T&C, the design also took a step backwards. We prefer our "bubble" design look. The fuel economy of the 3.3 L engine is better than of its competitors (even the Honda Odyssey), but we barely get 20 mpg on average out of it. The motor is responsive and well- balanced. So far no issues with it. The only design flaw we found is an unusual brake configuration: Our minivan has disk brakes on front and drum brakes on back - most brake job places have an "all disk brakes" in their database!

Looks (bubble design), interior room, quality, motor responsiveness and last but not least the unbeatable quality- for-price ratio! Mercedes really put a lot of manpower into it, the "silent steel" suspension system gets every baby to sleep!

Our minivan has disk brakes on front and drum brakes on back - might be a mid-year design change (Sears database showed both should be disk brakes on all 2006 models!) Update databases.

bad brakes
By jat co

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 24,000 I have had to have my front brake pads replaced - from what I am hearing and reading, this is consistent with the Chryslers - original brake pads no good. New ones should last longer - are made better. What's with Chrysler!!!!! So disappointed. No, I am not hard on brakes and do not drive with one foot on the brake. Guess if you want brakes on a Chrysler to last, do not drive in town!!!!!! Never buy another Chrysler.......Sure am glad I bought the 100,000 mile warranty - what's to expect next.............

Back up beepers, dvd player, automatic opener for the back hatch, storage area between front seats, stow and go area......Love the service my dealership gives me - I drive 25 miles one way, to take my car there for service

better brakes, better and more quiet ride, shoulder seat belt, instead of just the lap belt for the middle rear bench seat, better cup holders

Solid and classy
By Paul O

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A great way to get around. Interior design is extremely well thought out and very comfortable. Although I do miss the storage of a console, this design is better because one can move around with ease.

Solid feel and handling

An everyday storage area that is easier for the driver to reach.

problems
By jeanne

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

i've had the van less than a year. have had it in the shop four times for various transmission/computer problems. it won't start when the weather is cool or raining. has 38,000 miles on it and runs like it has 200000 miles on it. this is the second one ive had the first one was great. wish i would have kept it.

i like the stow and go that was a great plus. it is also roomy and very comfortable.

computer/transmission