Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

2006 Town and Country reliable but rusty
By C. G.

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got used in 2011 with 21000 miles on it. I got it very cheap because it was starting to rust. After extensive rust repair, the rust was way worse than it had appeared. The vehicle is simply dissolving! This is the worst rust I've seen since early seventies fords! Other than that MAJOR complaint, it has been a good vehicle, only 47000 miles on it now. I'm from pittsburgh and all the town and country and caravans of this era are the rustiest vehicles on the road! I can't believe all the other reviews hardly mention the rust issue. Later models seem to have addressed the rust issue.

town and country away
By jmw

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 t&c's and I love driving the one I have as I did the one I had. the biggest problems: 1. power steering filter needs to be cleaned constantly or the whining sound is horrible. 2. The electronic they do go - motherboards, radio, lights inside, and 3. the paint jobs do not last. my van now looks a lot older than it is, the rust is horrible on the edges. the tinted windows have a ripple effect that is just horrible. the back seats no leg room for people and if all the back seats are in there is very little storage room in the back. I love driving it, long distance the gas usage is wonderful but in the city 15mpg is about the best I get.

Super pleased second owner!
By RUSS CLARK

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from an older couple who gave up driving and moved into a assisted living community. It has running boards on it which makes it helpful getting in for us older folks and gives the van a distinctive flair. This is the second 2006 T & C I have owned and it has not disappointed me in any way.

after 30years of driving Chrysler products.
By B. Hackbush

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the last one. 30k water pump, 55k AC compresser,60 k reposition Intake manifold, 50k replace rear AC coil, 60k Rack and pinion, 75k Frt brakes, 80k remove pan and put on right, 100k lower control arm fastner replaced[rusted out], Driverseat vinyl separation, 90k rear quarters and underbody rusting out, 115k replaced all flex brakes hoses because they were colapsing causing brake lock up. lousy car

Oldie But Goody
By Mikey

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my T&C when it was just turning nine years of age. It had 64,000 miles on it and it had been used by a suburban soccer mom type from northern NJ. It had a few issues but basically it seemed like a solid vehicle that ran good. I had to have the rear brakes, air conditioner and water pump repaired, plus a few minor repairs that I did myself, and since then it has been as reliable as any vehicle I have ever owned. It's now 11.5 years old and has 73,000 miles on it. Obviously I don't drive as much as I did in my youth but that means I don't worry as much about gas mileage which hovers around 16 mpg, 23 on long trips. It burned a little oil until I switched to Mobil 1 and now it seems to have stopped burning oil.