Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

The Old Man's Toy
By Claude Mock

First Convertible
By kketchum

2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from my dad, who luckily for me, kept it very clean and up to date on all of it's scheduled maintenance.
It's been a great first convertible to own.
I plan on driving it until it doesn't run anymore, which will probably quite some time from now.
The leather interior, heated seats, 6 disc changer make it hard for me to find another convertible with the same features for the value that I've gotten with this car.
Plus, I get lots of attention in it when the top is down - someone always needs directions! :)

I love that I can transport multiple people. It's one of the few convertibles that actually has a comfortable back seat for two and three if we must cram. The infinity sound system that it came with is also very nice for being factory issued.

On a few occasions when things have gone wrong under the hood it cost more in labor because of where the thermostat was located. They had to take everything out just to get to that small piece. I'm also a little disappointed with the shocks or struts now. It seems that I've completely worn them out. Could be the 405 and the crazy roads here in LA, but now it seems like the whole carriage goes up and down when I go over a speed bump or dip in the road.

put to th test
By Sunshyne

2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars! I get it from my dad he had every classic car with power while he was growing up.So i get it honest I will put a car to the test. I had a mustang GT growing up..poor car..lol! I hust recently got my sebring and she is great, alot more than I expected from a FWD car. She will take curb at 60+ and can stop on a dime. Great suspension and she is quick off the start...i din not know an automatic could bark tires in 3rd gear..love it

Slap stick shift

The stereo system needs work,alot...it has an amp and still not any thump

Great Convert
By Red

2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car and noticed. Drives like a big car and handles almost like a sports car. The best (only) ragtop I've owned. I love it. Great car for the money.

Quiet compared to other ragtops. Ease of top up, down. Super mileage - 30+ with plenty of power. Super design.

Changing out battery is a pain. Overhead cams and multi valve engine. Turbo offerings.

My second convertible
By Ray

2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have now had my Sebring for almost 3 years. The car is a blast to drive and looks great. The only problem I have had (last week) that upset me was a broken driver's door strap that cost $260 to replace. Two other minor problems that were covered under warranty. I now have 63,000 miles on the car and have never been stuck. I would definitely consider another one, especially now that you can get one with the 3.5 engine.(My wife has that motor in her Pacifica). I get an honest 23-25 mpg around town. My first convertible was a 1963 T-Bird that I had in 1966. This one just reinforced my belief that everyone should have at least one convertible during their life.My daughter gets it next year.

Ease of lowering and raising the top

ABS should be standard.