Used 1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

My toy
By James

1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 3 years and i have had no problems at all with it. I have replaced the battery. I average about 32 mpg on the road and 25 around town. 4 cyl is peppy and reliable.

sound system and convertible, gas mileage and always a favorite with my friends.

the interior is to plastic and cheap feeling. But after i left the top down and it rained in it all night i appreciated the plastic. did not hurt the interior at all nor any electronics.

Great car
By G Barbo

1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car brand new. Car has not been repair free but is any car with 255000 plus miles. This car had two transmission replacements but I believe that was the fault of the first driver. I drove the car from 63000 miles to the present 255000 plus on the same transmission. I also had the rear main seal replaced once. It is in need of it again. There were some recall notices on the front ball joints. Other than those major items I had no complaints with this car. At 255000 miles I still get 27 miles to the gallon and as high as 32 on the original engine. This car is very well built, I loved the solidness that you could feel when driving this car.

The look of this car first caught my eye. It was before Chrysler and dodge reentered Nascar. I fell in love with the style and sleekness from the very first time I saw one. My car is the LXI Coupe. It has everything that was possible to purchase at that time on the car, very luxurious.

The only thing I might do to this car would be to offer it in a V8 version, the V6 just never had the wow factor that a V8 version would have had.

overlooked little gem
By ken brill

1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought my Sebring slightly used at a Chrysler dealer. It was a great buy. The little car gets no publicity, but in my opinion it is an overlooked gem. Great looks, terrific handling, and good gas mileage. Have only had a crank sensor go out in the 6 years I have had it.

Luv it
By Mark

1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Just bought my Sebring coupe in March.I got a great deal on it and it's a fun car to drive,This is the 68th car I've owned and I love it.Great mileage,handles well(except on washboard roads)and accelerates quickly!No problems to speak of.I've owned Mopars from '72 to '96 and this is the best one yet.Does have a hesitation from a stop,but I'll work that out this Summer.I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a good,fun car that's dependable and stylish and reasonably priced.

Handling on smooth,winding roads.Acceleration and braking are great!Very comfortable for me(I'm over 6'4").Paint is a great improvement over older Chrysler cars.13 years and still looks great.Absolutely no rust and it's an Ohio car with 119,000 miles on it!

Needs better cupholders.Wish it had the optional stereo,but I'll find one and put it in.Could use the optional tilt wheel.

Very nice for now!
By Chrysler Sebring LXI

1996 Chrysler Sebring Coupe LXi 2dr Coupe

I've received this car only a month ago. I can say that I am a car fanatic, very fast. Even though I have had this car for only a month I have heads turning and women telling me that it is a very nice car. No problems but a frozen battery in Chicago, of course. And it leaks when it rains, which will be fixed by adding window deflectors. I can't complain. The car was free and I am enjoying its luxury but sporty style. If something goes wrong, it would be a pleasure to fix it and keep it another 13 years. Good job Chrysler!

Favorite features are the exterior style of the car, the sunroof, the rims, and the stereo system.

Well because I only had it for a month I would say make better sides to the car so that the rain won't leak on people's knees. So far there is nothing wrong with the car. I will give it a tune up and about year and then I will come back and give another review.