Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

fun to drive
By lew

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

with the turbo acceleration is QUICK !!! gas mileage is ok, handling and manueverability is very good, spacious interior. visibility is good. used prices are very fair for these vehicles and i wouldn't be scared of high mileage pt's if they have been maintained.

My first love affair but on wheels!
By Pedro

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since I purchased my vehicle, it has worked in an excellent manner. I love how much space this car offers in its trunk! If you ever need more space, you can always fold the rear seat and get even more room! The stereo speakers sound nice and my stereo came with the AUX input so I can connect my phone to stream my Spotify playlists. The interior is gray so it can get dirty at times although I don't struggle with keeping it tidy. The only things I would have liked to see on this car would be better fuel mileage (I average around 24 in city and 26 in highway) and it can have loud cabin noise whenever I have to drive on train tracks. As for repairs, I've only had to replace all my brakes since it made a screeching sound but if you keep it on constant watch, it'll take care of you! I'd recommend this retro ride to anyone and it even beats a Trax in terms of practicality in my opinion. I'll even want to buy a second PT Cruiser because it has been a reliable ride and I enjoy its practicality that the interior provides.

Don't buy this car!
By Michael Pearse

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 years ago in may with 82,000 miles. A week later my fuel pump went out. then a couple months later my water pump and head gasket went out. then shortly after that my transmission went out. I have spent a lot more than it is worth in repairs in a relatively short amount of time. i swear it spends more time in the shop than on the road. Don't buy this car! Please!

New purchase/old car
By Henry Reitz

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just recently purchased my ptc. So far, I love it. It has low miles for the year and is in excellent condition. I have put about 2000 miles on it so it is difficult to rate anything other than performance. I only average about 17 mpg in all city driving and am very disappointed in that. I have previously owned a 1999 Chevy Tracker an got about 20mpg on it doing the same type of driving under the same conditions.

The good Ole PT Loser
By jake

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been a fantastic car. Regular maintenance (especially changing the timing belt every 100,000) is important with any car, and this one is lasting because of it. Fuel mileage could be better for a car that has a 4 cyl, but overall it isn't bad. Has just enough power to pass and accelerate aggressively, but isn't overpowered by any means. The transmission shifts smooth and crisp and the ride is what you'd expect from a smaller car. It's not had to have any major repairs outside of regular maintenance and basic wear and tear stuff that goes wrong with every vehicle. I've seen many reviews stating that these cars chew through brakes, but that's not the case with mine...I believe driving style has more to do with that than anything else. The rear doors open farther than any other car I've ever owned and getting in and out of it is very easy, almost like getting into a small SUV. With all the positives are some negatives. Mine does have a little shake to it between 45 and 50 MPH, and the turn signal lever has caused me to flash my bright lights at a few people. Overall though, everything about this little car has been up to par and well exceeded my expectations. I will be buying another one of these when I need another car.