Used 2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

Concorde applause
By Marc Sheltra

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Mine had very low mileage for the year and as a result somethings are in exceptional shape other things time is not great for so I’m looking at air conditioning replacement and a few other things that don’t age well with time. The car is exceptionally roomie very comfortable and stylish good looks and I understand it’s one of the first cars totally created by a computer as far as optimization of space aerodynamics etc. 3.2 L engine is spirited enough to move the car briskly you might think it’s a luxury sports car of sorts. I find service parts to be reasonably price and the only complaint I could have his gas mileage around town is 15ish. You get the best gas mileage obviously on the highway but mostly because the car is low presents very little wind drag so it doesn’t require the horsepower you would think for car of the size at highway speed. I.e. it’s aerodynamically slippery . Interior is very well appointed and a classy style not soon to fade. Although it has no gps or MP3/booth to othe smart link, find an old cassette adapter and plug in your smartphone and voila....state of the art nav and music plus phone calls lol perfect.

freakin great ride!
By joe436

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

My concord has 350,000 kilometers on her and she purrs like the first day she was purchased. regular fluid changes and minor undercarridge replacements, other than that, its very quick for a large car, best car I ever had, hope to make it to 500,000 ks at least.

Engine and interior is my fave

Reliable so far, but likely not for long..
By iknowcars2

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm driving this car as a hand-me-down with ~160k miles on it. It has no A/C, trunk lid hydrolics gone, weather stripping is falling completely off, two windows won't fully roll down, driver's side window has gone off-track twice, the front passenger door won't unlock without reaching over and unlocking it from inside, the auto-lock/unlock sounds hideous now, and the front passenger door speaker crackles (not from loud music, this car came from my sweet little grandmother.) The performance is acceptable for daily driving, but has unacceptable passing acceleration. About the only good thing I can say about this car is that it's definitely roomy and the seats are comfortable and durable.

Comfy seats, huge trunk, nice leg room

Everything else

I must've been one of the lucky ones
By dbusterplus

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've heard nothing but horrible things about the 2.7, yet I've never experienced nearly the amount of hardships anyone else seems to have with this engine.

My wife (fiance at the time) bought this car in July '04 with 31k miles on it.
It's been nothing short of a workhorse for us.
Of course at around 50k miles, the check engine light came on, and looking around online, I found tons of reports of the dreaded engine sludge fiasco, but it seems mine was a later 2001 model that avoided this issue. The light turned out to be for an emission issue that didn't affect how well the car ran.

Now, in 2013, nearing 150k miles, I still drive it 60 miles a day with minimal upkeep.

Great reliability! Like I said, I could just be one of the lucky ones, but the only major thing I've had to do to this vehicle is replace the timing chain and water pump at 130k miles. Other than that, just basic upkeep. It still has a lot of get-up-and-go in it, and the sound system is still one of the better stock setups I've heard.

I've always been a "don't fix what isn't broken" kind of guy.

167,000 strong... good bang for the family sedan buck!
By dlong163

2001 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.2 liter models were superb to other offerings at the time.
If you don't like the exterior design, add a spoiler, and voila!
This car is reliable, has never failed me.
I have kept with regular maintenance since I received it at 114,000 miles, and the previous owner kept it and recorded it as well.
The only major problems I've encountered is the ABS pump failing (not a huge deal) and my frame was warped when I drove over an unmarked curb, causing a clunk I can't eliminate despite all new front suspension.
I can't blame Chrysler for a business not marking their curbs.
Overall, a great car.
I've met owners with 250K on their daily drivers, I'm sure this one will make it!

Premium amplified sound system, very roomy interior, built-in security system, very responsive maneuvering, protective plastic panels instead of steel underneath doors (prevents rusting), very reliable drivetrain, HUGE trunk, achieves an average MPG higher than EPA estimates of 20 combined MPG (22-24 MPG for my car) with mixed driving of 60% highway/40% city. Reached a best at 28 on a longer highway trip.

Add a spoiler! Steering feels a little stiffer than other cars, quality of front two ways and tweeters could have been better (cones crack and distort easily), I suggest replacing the door speakers with three-ways if you own one of these cars, battery placement is poor, engine compartment layout could have been a little better overall, no steel anchors in the trunk for heavier duty tie-downs.