Used 2014 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 300 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Buy it!!

oldcarguy, 02/04/2014
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I spent a couple months reading reviews and shopping around. I needed a sedan with room for me ( I'm 6'3") and my two young kids. I test drove the V6 Honda Accord, Nissan Maxima, 2014 Chevy Impala, and a couple Buicks. I didn't even consider the 300 until it came up in a couple other car reviews - I thought they were much more expensive. I bought a 2014 300C with the Hemi V-8 (NOT V-6 as the Edmund's site insists) and the SafetyTec package and cannot convey how much I love this car! It reminds me of several old American luxury muscle cars I've owned, crossed with the most modern technology, comfort, and quality. It's as if my 1971 455 Grand Prix SJ had a baby with the Starship Enterprise. (In a good way!) Buy one! **update** I have now owned the car for years and I still love it. No problems at all. It is still the best of both worlds: American V-8 sound and power, German-engineered chassis. Best car I have ever owned. I plan to keep it for years and years. **Second update Feb 2020** 60,000 trouble free miles, still looks like new and drives like new. Still happy with this car. If it were stolen I would replace it with the exact same model today.

2014 300s RWD v-6

shaclan5, 12/12/2014
S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased 9/25/2014. Drive roughly 5,000 interstate miles a month in FL. Currently 13k in the first 2.5 months of ownership. Bought based on customer reviews and not disappointed. Beats audio amazing, elegant looking S model, interior better than Lexus. Comperable to MB yet ten of thousands cheaper. Average 27.6 per tank, 29 on hwy running 80. Turns just over 1600 rpm at 80. 8 speed ZF smooth as silk. Mileage data can be seen on fulley.com under 2014 300 named 'v-6'. Logged 205k on a 2009 Genesis Sedan (my daughter will drive this car the next 5 years in college) and fully expect 300k + from this car. given the low RPMs. Interior fit and finish second to none.

WOW!! Pound for Pound, Dollar For Dollar The Best Car on the Road - I mean it!!

daytraderjeff, 02/16/2014
S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just picked up my new 300S today. Built to order, mine is Jazz Blue with the brand new for Q1 2014 changes - Hyper Black 20" Rims, Blacked out Trim and Ambassador Blue Leather Interior. I got every option - NAV, Moonroof, Safety Tec, Luxury pkg. I would love a Hemi, but went with the 3.6 V6 and RWD 8spd - really looking forward to 31+ MPG...) I have only put 25 miles on it so far, but... WOW!!! This car is incredible!! Looks amazing, drives smoother that any car I have ever been in and has every feature imaginable. The control screen is awesome. The heated seats and steering wheel are programmed to come on automatically, and they come on fast and are warm and comfortable

Not to shabby-revised

vakmere1, 10/03/2014
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This review is revised now that I have owned the car for 2 years. What I do not like about the car is the creaky dashboard creaky door panels the armrest is too high some panel trim not lined up correctly and the seats are too narrow. Under warranty so far I have replaced the windshield cowl the right rear shock the rear sunscreen . Fuel economy is average. Traction is non-existent in the snow. This is not all wheel drive. The rest is the original review I did two years ago and still stands. Traded in a pristine 2011 Buick Lacrosse without batting an eye. Finally, a big car that rides with the comfort I have not had in years. The fact that it is rear wheel drive lets the front suspension do its job by handling road imperfections very well. Not much wind or road noise in the cabin either. Some feedback from the road can be felt in the steering wheel however it doesnt have that annoying torque steer like front wheel drive cars. Garmin nav system is better than Onstar hands down and without the monthly fee. Very little clutter on the dash which makes for a cleaner look. Go for the loaded version if you can because with the base model you will be missing out.

300s

300s, 02/04/2015
S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Taste in cars is as subjective as taste in food or music. You have to try it for yourself. I recommend test drives first and reading reviews second. I drove the Ford Taurus, Chevy Impala LTZ and Chrysler 300s. I chose the 300s. The Impala was very close but the 300 just has more character. Again, my opinion, both great cars. I chose the 300s for 1) Quite comfortable ride 2) Style 3) Gas mileage was equal on both. Test drive the cars you guys like and pick the one that's best for you and don't worry about what others say.

Love this car!

Robert Traina, 02/25/2016
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This car is gorgeous, inside and out. The interior is supremely comfortable, and the technology/infotainment system cannot be beat. Super smooth, and good acceleration for a six cylinder car. Excellent gas mileage for a 4000 pound car of 31 MPG highway, 25 city! This car is a pleasure to drive.

Chryslers Rule

Chrysler Rules, 08/12/2016
4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Wheel & Deal. Get Michelin tires. Look at lifetime warrantee if holding onto the car. Test drive. Tranny a bit choppy but 6 cyl. is plenty strong. Great mileage, 30+ on hwy. Great car. AWD is great up north. It reverts to 2WD when on hwy., no snow, rain & 36 degrees + and then allows better gas mileage. Car is a pleasure to drive, esp. on longer trips. Comfortable, attractive and roomy. 51,000 miles w/o problems.

Nice ride horrible transmission!

Jim, 11/30/2017
4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased the car used with 4500 miles on it and only had it a year and sold it with 26k miles. During this time the ride of the car was outstanding, very smooth with very little road noise and a great interior with everything in reach. The AWD was the best I have driven in the western new York snow. However, there were a few things that were pretty annoying about the car. First, if you were using the navigation system, it would just start to reset itself at the most inopportune time for no reason. Once the navigation came back on it would pick right up where you were and continue. Second, the heated seats is not a button, you have to go onto the display into climate and press the heated seat. I would expect it to be a button right there on the dash or gear shifter area (petty I know). Third and most important, the transmission is horrible. I had the car in the shop 3 times during the year of ownership because of the shifting of the car. The first issue with the transmission was first thing after starting it. The car would rev up and finally shift into third gear with a very heavy shift, into the shop for a reprogram of the transmission. Service tech at the dealer says that this is common with the car and they need to re-program to learn your driving style. It was fixed and no issues for 3 months. Second issue came when I started to slow down. Every time I would come to a stop the car would jerk forward on every down shift. Back into the shop again for a reprogram for a fix. That one lasted 3 months and then another issue came up while driving at highway speeds, while traveling 65 plus MPH the transmission would decide to down shift for no reason and then after about 5 min would go back into 8th gear. Back to the shop for that, and the comment by the tech was “this is odd never heard of the highway speed issue, the other two are known issues”. Good bye car before the warranty expired. The transmission ruined the entire car experience (duh). The car is beautiful and comfortable inside, great features for a “base” car and it was depressing to have to trade in, but the transmission issues would have cost $450 to reprogram outside of the warranty; no thank you.

2014 chrysler 300 problems

espi5631, 08/07/2014
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

bought my new chrysler back in march of this year and i loved it. But this past month has made me think twice about buying another one it has 6000 miles on it and it already needed battery and alternator replaced and by the end of this month they are going to replace the whole transmission and re program the whole car. Hope this is not one of chryslers lemons

Wow

Chrysler Retired Executuve, 03/29/2020
SRT8 Core 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 5A)

The 300 SRT8 is an absolute beast. Car is also confortable for someone 6'5 and higher. My car has 20k mikes and runs like a top with herculuen performance. It's to bad they don't make them anymore with this monster engine. A little piece of advice for charger and challenger stock srt8, you can't beat the 300 SRT8 'CORE'' in a mile, as they mfg'd CORE edition with a 'hidden' additional 30 horses. This easter egg* iresults in faster car compared to all other 6.4's.....sweet. *additional 30 hp only applied to USA + CDN mfg cars, and VERY FEW 'CORE' Editions were sold. If you can get your hands on one of these buy, buy, buy !!

Love my Jazz Blue 300C

Craig Smith, 01/13/2016
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased this car new for 30k, and it is one of the best vehicles I ever owned and I have owned many.

A Man's Car

elmatatan, 03/14/2014
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

BOLD styled, no one will ever confuse your 300 with the Avalon and Genesis, Azera, Buick. Many dealers will give you a great deal on the Base Model if you time your purchase right. The BASE model is well equipped; you get a lot for the money and you feel like a MILLION BUCKS. The BASE trim is a true luxury car. After two years with my 300, I still stare at its handsome style. No major mechanical issues. Only minor issue is the ocassional cruise control button not engaging sometimes, to me it's minor overall, but a shame the dealership can't fix.

Super 300

Tim Gracey, 09/12/2016
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Good value in the size category.

Great used car

B.Pawlak, 04/17/2017
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Good value, shares Mercedes engineering from Daimler days. Freeway mpg was 38 mpg on trip @ 80 mph, takes bumpy roads with ease. 3.6 pen star engine great, own 2 more. These cars are a pleasure to drive, drove to Kansas 800 miles in one day, great mileage for a big car, quiet. Will take it to 200K miles for sure. Wonderful, buy used, better deal.

Not bad - details could be better

vakmere1, 08/22/2014
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Re-issued this review on 8/22/2016. My review now is: I have the safety-tech package and it works flawlessly so far. The city ride could be softer, there is some road feedback thru the steering wheel (has 18" tires), the rear sunshade was replaced once because it spooled up and tangled. 6 months later it did it again. Right rear shock leaked, failed, was replaced. Windshield wiper cowl was replaced (warped out of shape), IMO the front seats could be wider by 2.5 inches. I use a seat cushion. The dash board and rear right door creaks over rougher surfaces and is annoying to hear. U-Connect and Nav features are good. Map updates are expensive and I don't think worth the money unless you travel other cities often. The center arm rest is too high for me. USB port could be located outside the center storage area for easier access. City gas mileage is average. Shifter is finicky and one needs to pay attention to its position when parking. It rolled on me a couple times when I thought it was in PARK and there is a recall for this issue. I looked at the 2016 300C and think my 2014 300C is better due to looks and interior colors. Don't know why the new ones come with white seats, will dirty quickly. As a long distance cruiser my 2014 300C is a very good ride and gas mileage on the highway is better than average. Original review: Got this in June 2014. Gladly traded a 2011 Buick Lacrappe for this car. This 300C has a great ride, good accelleration, very little road noise, coushy heated and cooled seats, and handles road imperfections especially around Philly well but could do better. Gas milage is excellent as long as you dont pound the pedal. Mine has all the bells and whistles. On the down side there were interior trim detail items that should not have been there. Moulding doesnt line up in some spots along the dash, some dashboard noise going over some bumps. Cowl over the speedometer was loose. Shifter needs practice to get used to. Other than that this is a very good purchase. Too soon to tell if it has mechanical issues.

#1 rated car in 2014 - NOT

Terri Henry, 07/15/2016
S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I wanted a car with luxury, this car's ride was awesome. Unfortunately, it spend more time in the shop. It has heating/cooling issues, took a year for them to identify the issue, and this after we got Chrysler involved. It would blow extremely hot air even when AC was one. They just kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it. Very aggravating. We finally got that fixed and when I picked up the car after that was fixed, something else was wrong. I brought it back and they said my power steering pump was gone. Really? Barely covered under warranty, now out of warranty a day later. Traded this money suck in!!

Srt

Bryn Jones, 04/08/2017
SRT8 4dr Sedan (6.4L 8cyl 5A)

If you can find one, get it!

Great car so far

Sean, 10/31/2017
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

A true American touring sedan. It does it's job effortlessly.

Great car so far

Sean, 10/31/2017
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

A true American touring sedan. It does it's job effortlessly.

Still very impressed at 60K

Paul B., 06/16/2019
4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Let me say I sold this car and have been disappointed I did! I am still impressed with the overall quality. Zero tepairs, less call backs. Never needed an alignment, got 34-38 MPG's on highway at 75-80. one set of tires, and one set of front brakes. Ran Mobil 1 extended oil, change every 5-6000 miles. This was probably the best car I have owned. which exceeds 30 cars and trucks. Fast, nimble and most of all reliable. I purchased a 2018 Volvo S90 T5 AWD for my business (300 was also used for business) and it is junk! Warped rotors, front and rear at 11K only gets 28 MPG's and its a 4 cyl. Pretty car, sexy too...but regret my purchase! I am considering a new 2020 Chrysler 300 for replacement. 300 has the best bang for the buck IMO! Hoping for better leather, Headlights and 20' wheels. I hate the new dash layout design (speedometer/Tach) compared to 2014 year

Great car for the money

Harvey Read, 06/17/2019
S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The care performance is real surprising. When you need to get it sure does. 8 speed transmission is not real is not refined and tends to be a little jerky and can not always decide what gears it wants to be in. If I had to do it again I would buy the non sport model. At 84 years old I am more keen on a good ride with car having lots of metal to protect passengers should we get into an accident. Love the car overall and feel it is a bargain for the price. No mechanical or electronic problems with this beauty. It just runs and runs.

black beauty

obediah stren, 05/01/2017

great ride

Try the 300 S love it V6

Nathan, T, 10/21/2017
S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a Chrysler 300s 2014 it is a great car it handles very well it performs very well I must admit people think that this car is a slow car and it doesn't perform or handle well but let me be one of many who will tell you I have caught many of cars and many of people sleeping and when they wake up I'm at least two cars ahead of them and you can see their face what just happened to me lol. that is a fast 300 I love my car.

Would buy this car again in a heartbeat

JBuck, 02/16/2019
S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Watch your throttle toe--it's fast. ***65,000 miles now. Still bone stock 300s. Car has performed flawlessly. Just hit 80k without so much as a hiccup--still loving this car! 90K now zero issues staying bone stock. 99k added R1 concepts brakes and rotors. Still running as new on Goodyear assurance all seasons, great ttires

I love it - 2014 300C

WillyC, 07/26/2019
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Roomy & comfortable with wide ample trunk capable of handling 2 sets of golf clubs easily. The only problem I have had in several years & nearly 50,000 miles was a slight "bucking" as I came to a stop. My first oil-change to the dealership solved that problem with a free software update. Living in FL I wanted the air-conditioned seats that I love. Great car.

Mopar for Old people

Rich N, 09/01/2019

90K and not a major problem

Great Car

bill, 03/26/2020
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Best Car Ive Had , Ive Been Thru 3 , I have A 2014 300C V6 and i think its turbo cause it whistles a little , this thing can keep up with hemis and its stock and ive beat a few racing ! i cant explain enough how much i love this car it was the greatest investment so far, im 18 , i hope i can upgrade to a 2020 300c or srt8

2014 Chrysler 300C AWD

Steve Z, 05/31/2020
C John Varvatos Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Best car I ever owned for the money. Has more features than many more expensive luxury sedans.

The overall best car we've even owned

Jim&Bev, 08/08/2020
C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We were shocked to see that Consumer Reports did not recommend our car. All we can say is, "that seems a bit suspicious to us"....Is someone not paying them enough or what. This Chrysler 300C is the best car we've even owned as far as quality and dependability. We've owned new Cadillacs and Lincolns too. And we would not go back after experiencing this car. We will buy another new one when the time comes.

Best 300 I owned

Ice Martinez , 02/14/2021
C 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This was my 2 300 I had purchased. 1st was a 2000 c and my 2nd was 2014 300 uptown awd ,leather , moonroof this this was loaded beside not having the v8 I was more than pleased with my car . I had zero issues besides regular maintenance. I always ran it on premium gas . I need a tow vehicle for my 1965 impala and no room to keep this in my garage. I was sad the day of the sale and wish great luck on its new owner .

51050