2017 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Volt model:

Intermittent software issues again
By Mike Brown

2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I purchased this fully loaded 2017 Volt Premier in May 2016. The first 30 days the car was in service 3 times for electrical problems the dealer thought were repaired. GM dispatched specialist who upgraded software and it worked. 2 years no issues and 14500 miles. Now another intermittent issue. Car does not recognize in park and no shutoff. Brought to dealer and problem occured while checking car in but technician could not replicate. Upon return home same it showed problem again. Now calling GM.

Very sporty car
By Dave

2017 Chevrolet Volt LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

It’s a very sporty car and I like it.

2nd Generation Awsome in so many ways!!!
By Bret R Staley DC

2017 Chevrolet Volt LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is my second Volt . My first was a 2013 and I loved that car so much. That was great until I test drove a 2017 at the dealer in SPORT MODE !!! WOW is all I could say as I literally burned rubber out of the dealership driveway. It is so much quicker than my older Volt it was amazing and I had to have one. Me being the frugal individual that I am I waited for just the right Color RED and interior option dark ash cloth to show up on Carguru. com for less than 20,000 and I had to have it. The 2017 is better in almost every aspect. The 5 things they should have left alone are the rear lower window we liked it, the Garage opening control button should of stayed the original charge door function was better for me on the 2013 the door panels in the generation 1 are much more attractive , blinkers on side mirrors also should of stayed. Aside from those five things the 2017 steering is way better more like any other GM car is excepted to steer. Ride seems a little better. Looks in my opinion the front end changes are way better and rear taillights are superior. We have had the 2017 for 2 moths we had our 2013 for 11 months before we upgraded. Love driving my Volt it makes me smile. I'm not the typical GREEN Persons my other vehicle is a GMC Dura-Max Diesiel truck. I love power and the second generation Volt delivers. Car And Driver rated it as one of the fastest 1/8 mile track cars being built less the muscle cars so I had to drive it and prove it to myself. They were right. My 2017 will outrun almost anything out there off the line you can get out in traffic with ease. This is no GOLF CART as I was asked by the guy that bought my 2013. The comfortable ride is more like a big sedan , ' Buick -ish ' and mix that with the power and 99% of the time no gas and it's improved drive abilty and Chevy has a winner. It blows me away at just how nice the 2017 Volt is. So fun to drive is my final summation !!!!

long commute
By tycam

2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Still luv this car. now 20k miles. I burn ~2.5 gal per day on my commute (177 miles). No issues with car. Take full advantage of Volt when not driving to and from work. I get ~65 real miles per charge, not calculated from wish o-meter (6-6.5 miles per kw). Again, that's during ideal weather conditions (temp ~80deg, no ac running).

Very Unreliable Transition from Battery to Gas.
By Manjari Dutta

2017 Chevrolet Volt LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I recently experienced a very dangerous and unsafe situation while driving a recently leased new 2017 Volt PHEV on the freeway.
I was driving on HWY 280 in California form San Jose to San Francisco after fully charging my car on 12/01/17.
After travelling about 52 miles the battery charge depleted and I expected the car to transition from electric to gas smoothly without any problems.
This time it did not transition, in fact the battery died and the car came to a full stop without any warning from the electronics or from ONSTAR .
The gas engine just did not start functioning even though the gas tank was three-fourths full. The car stopped in the middle of the right two lanes
of the freeway on a very busy Friday morning and I was left in a very UNSAFE and DANGEROUS situation when I could not even leave my car and
walk over to the shoulder because of the heavy traffic around me.
This car cannot be safely used by families with children.
I have asked for a replacement of the whole vehicle but both the dealer (Momentum Chevrolet of San Jose, CA) and GM have been giving me the
run-around where there is mis-communication or poor communication between the representatives from the dealer and the GM about this very
grave problem.