Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

1999 venture new
By j clemens

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus 4dr Ext Minivan

I bought this new in 1999.may be one of the best vehicles I ever bought there is 137967 mile on it now .I have not drove it for over a year nowthe only reason it is not being used now is because the rocker panels rusted out and here in pa it will not pass insp.i now drive a 2008 uplander it works great

BAD VAN!
By evehowell

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

LS my butt!!! I bought mine used 4 or 5 yrs ago, for $3,600.
I have sunk more money into it then it is worth!!
The automatic sliding door won't work right, the heat sucks real bad, the a/c stopped working a month after I bought it, I have had issues with the struts, brakes, ball barrings, anti-freeze leaks, anti-lock brakes, hard time starting this year after it has been driving, window not working now, my serpentine beat just fell off and a Head Gasket is leaking!!!!! Not putting any more money into it!!!
only had 145,000miles!!!
I drove two Plymouth Voyagers well past 200,000mi before losing them!
Never again will I buy Chevy.

I would NOT buy a chevy to say my life!!!! Mostly their vans!
By ssmee7

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

We have a 2000 Chevy venture mini van. Biggest pile of junk I've ever owned! Right after the warranty went out so did the gas gauge! Over $600 to fix it! It was a problem with ALL this model no matter if it was a chev or other GM! Then the power sliding door. Then the power windows, then the rear washer! Then a screw in the head liner over your head fell out some how and just rolls around and around! Nothing but problems with this van! If I could load it full of C4 and blow it up on YouTube I would do it in a heart beat! DO NOT BUY A GM mini van! You will have nothing but problems and the design is horrible! GM will do NOTHING to fix their problems!

When we fist got the van brand new we were excited! But the problems started right away. With in the first few months there were numerous recalls that GM did not let us know about. Even ones that were a major hazard and could result in death. Yet GM didn't send out any info! The only way we found out was we were hit by this gal and they told us about it when we took it in to have it fixed. Nothing but problems!

Fix the way the power doors and windows are installed. change the way the tire jack works and is located! change the way that the rearwindow washer fluid is supplied. change the whole engine department! You should NOT have to take out the engine support to get the battery out!

Best van I have owned
By odinoakin71

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my Venture in 2006 with 88,000 miles. Have had zero issues. Change the oil every 3,000 miles. Van now has 167,000 miles and I drive it everyday.

Gas mileage is 24 highway and 18 city... hauling around several family members...

Headlights are fogged and hard to see in total darkness.

Chevy Ventures RULE!
By Bryan

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Power door, comfortable seats, power seats, and chrome design!

Better acceleration, and rear air standard.