Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Auto Transmission a potential death trap

plumbobby0, 05/29/2011
LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem

Power Steering rack out with less than 50,000 mile

J, 02/02/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2011 Traverse in June of 2015. It was a one owner vehicle and we felt it was a good buy. Less than a year later we are learning it's a major flop! We have already had the water pump replaced, the power steering system, and now the whole power steering rack is out. The dealership says this is a $1,800 Fix. I could see if this was a high mileage vehicle, but it has less than 50,000 miles! From what we have read this is a HUGE problem with this vehicle. Chevrolet really needs to look into this, as I feel the amount of other people with this exact problem may warrant a recall on this system. Buyer beware!

Built for safety!

keripatterson, 10/11/2011
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping

sailor1, 07/22/2011
LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Very Comfortable. Mileage well its so so. 15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway). Nice amenities. Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced. Now for the negative. For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment. Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate. I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

Look elsewhere....

mislcat, 09/12/2014
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Traverse with several upgrades including captain chairs in the rear, DVD, 20" wheels, nice looking Diamond White paint, in addition to other things. New, this vehicle was great, quiet, comfortable to ride in. Then the problems....The car quit on my wife twice while on the highway. It went into a reduced power mode and had to be towed. The first time, we paid for repairs at the dealer. The second time, they told us it was a warranty item and replaced something in the intake/fuel system. Then the water pump went out (another warranty item). Then three more recall items. Now the air conditioner has gone out! Several law firms are now contacting us regarding lemon laws. Now two of the a/c-heater vent actuators have failed. About a $1500 repair!

12345...12