Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Onyx Black
By R T CALHOUN

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck loves oil and oil consumption. Add Lucas to every oil change and over oil consumption stops. No major Problems . My only complaints are -The cheap plastic dash board-Poor Quality in Control buttons-Electronic Throttle body Control-Transmission changes gears a little rough under hard acceleration- and when i come to slightly hard stops thing clunk and pop around the body of the truck, not sure what it is- AND #1 is the GM Paint does not hold up well at ALL (even when you wax and wash regularly By hand not automatic car washes). Gas mileage is good for what it is a ( AMERICAN FULL SIZE) SUV with a decent and reliable 5.3L V8. Use with a light foot and i can average 19.2 MPG Combined on Premium Fuel. Purchased Vehicle used and Honda of Rock hill SC for 23K ( HAD 79,389 ) MILES ON ODOMETER .

10 Years and still going.
By LmH

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new and if I exclude dealings with the dealership service, very satisfied. Dealership service (2 dealerships) are incapable of diagnosing problems, can't do anythig right the first time and never give a straight answer. If Chevy could sell Tahoes with service packages NOT performed by the dealership service departments they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand! Whats gone wrong with the Tahoe since my new purchase: 1) minor cosmetics fixed under warranty (middle window trim & front door interiror handles - chrome peeled). They never could diagnose a slip joint noise/problem until I researched online and told them, by then it was 1 month out of warranty & I paid $1,275 to repair. 13 months later the same problem and was told "whoever installed it didn't lube!", it was the dealership & it was 1 month out of repair warranty!!! Prices went up in 13 months and an additional $1,350 got it fixed; I made sure it was lubed (crawled under and checked before I drove it away, service rep wasn't happy with me but at that point I wasn't too concerned with edicate). One other warranty claim that didn't get covered was the clock spring (part in the steering wheel that connects all the conmtrol buttons). Started intermitent failing around 1 year and everytime I go to the dealership they could reproduce - I asked them to drive it, set cruise control and operate the radio. The service reps response was "you can't expect us to drive your car for a radio problem!" Needless to say after warranty expired I researched and found GM had 3 different suppliers of clock springs and 1 was susceptable to failing (the one I had). I went to the dealer, told them to replace it and they wouldn't without diagnosing first. 5 trips later and another $1,400 they replaced the battery, some electronic part and finally the clock spring. The only reason they replaced theclock spring was that I (for the first time) got really mad at them and I'm not sure if it was my physical size or that fact that my voice carried all the way into the showroom floor (loaded with potential customers) but they finally agreed to change it. Once changed I've had no problems with my steering wheel buttons. There have been a few other service competency issues and I am actually releived that the car is out of warranty and I get it service/repaired at local shops when needed. After 10 years I checked out new car prices and decided just to keep this and plan any repairs as needed. Just had the plastic badges on the rear (spoiler, pillar covers, licensce plate frames) all repainted due to clear coat chipping, no issues with any metal body panels, only the plastic ones. Paid for the headlight lenses to be polished and UV coated (look better than new) and looking now for a drivers seatcover & foam, interior front door handles (chrome peeling again) and dash (cracked plastic). Once I get these cosmetic issues fixed it will look new again. On a side note, a year ago I started toweing a 5,500 lbs travel trailer. It doesn't like hills but handles it very well.

Dont do it!
By James

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well where do I start. Of course I understand i bought this suv used from a private party in USED conditions. I purchased this truck about 2 months ago with 180,000 on it currently has 186,000 on the dash as of yesterday. Seeing how this is my first suv and Chevy I was hesitant on getting it in the first place. I have the LTZ model and every light on the dash has come on one time or another. Last night the check engine light and Stabilitrak light was flashing randomly driving down the highway. Googled the issue as soon as i got home and was given everything from loose wires to bad battery , could be fuel module, sensor on the brake pedal for the cruise control. So i read some more on the subject and 10 other things that it could also be causing this to happen. Here is a list of stuff that stopped working in the last month : drivers side running light is out, the rear hatch and glass dont open when you push the button, the air shock system is junk, tps on both front tires went out, air bag sensor isnt working, i can go on and on. Im learning that I'm just one of many people with all the exact same issues that this has happened to. I drove Ford trucks before this and was giving Chevy a chance thinking this was a nice car. I was so WRONG. Im gonna have to put it up for sale take 2 grand loss and go find another Ford truck. I will never in my life buy another Chevrolet again as long as I'm alive. Save your money and time dont buy a 2007 Chevy Tahoe at all.

ghana's review 07 tahoe
By ghana clark

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great vehicle other than high mileage

Stay away from the 2007 Tahoe BUYER BEWARE
By Not happy in OKC

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First let me say from the time I was 25 until now which Im now 53 years of age i've always driven Suburbans or Tahoe's. I brought this car in 2008 . I have never had so many little details add up to big details from a vehicle but this one takes the cake. The interior by 6 months was ruined. Peeling door handles that cut you , seat belts that just broke, lights that flicker on and off, air conditioner that just quit blowing then will start back up again, the dash is cracked in 3 places but I have always used sun reflectors to keep heat away from dash, and a cd player that works then doesnt work. The outside the cargo came off in mid drive and had to be remounted, the day running light has had to be replaced a nto less than 12 times since I owed meanwhile the other lights have been just fine. I drive around town only to find other Tahoe's with the same light out, I even asked another owner how many times they replaced theirs and they said it went out like almost every month so they quit replacing after 15 times. I believe there has to be a major issue going on with that. First month I owned it I took it back and spent 2500 on an emission problem. Not sure if that was even the issue. That was also supposed to covered on warranty and low and behold it wasn't. Im a single mother of 3 and needed a reliable car and it has preformed for me but not in the way I'm used to these vehicles performing. I have had to take it to the shop so much I just decided to get my own mechanic because taking it to the dealership has been extremely expensive each time. I'm one to get all the fluid levels drained and restored every year and my vehicle gets changed on time. I know that vehicles are expensive to maintain but never have I had to spend so much on one vehicle in order for the car to preform. I love Tahoes and Suburbans and I dont know if it is just this year or what because the last one I had was a work horse and lasted me well over 259,000.00 miles. I really cant trade it in because the dealership is now saying this car isnt worth anything so Im just stuck with it. If I decide to go out and get another vehicle I will lease it and I think I will be choosing a different SUV. Makes me sad because I have always loved my other SUV from Chevy but I think this is becoming a norm with their cars