Used 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

High Cost of Ownership

Dissappointed, 06/03/2002

I previously had a Suburban - which was almost zero trouble. The 1998 Tahoe by comparison has cost me almost $4,000 in various repairs. Brakes, AC Compressor, water pump and cooling system, computer & electronics. All was out of warranty when it happened. If you purchase a 1998 Tahoe, invest in an extended warranty. It may be well worth your money.

itsnotarock

itsnotaford, 06/06/2002

Breaks 3 times in 4 years 57000 miles. Speed sensitve steering slipping again 2 times. Leaking coolant at intake manifold. bolts not even tight. New waterpump at 48000. New alternator at 49000 miles. Air condition controls, compressor still runs when turned switch is in off position. Been replaced at 37000 miles. Was supposedly fixed 39000 miles doing same thing. Did not fix again, thank God i leave where it is hot 90% of the time. Evertime you get it fixed ther is something else. I have a 1994 ford f150, Knock on A BIG peace of wood. has but one thing and that was a transmission slip that a $150 fixed. CHEVY LIKE A ROCK! YEA RIGHT

98 2dr Chevy tahoes are the best

matt williams, 06/15/2002

The best car i have ever owned

Built like a tank!

Kara, 08/10/2010

On 7-31-2010, we were rear ended by a tour bus that was doing AT least 60 on the interstate, we weren't up to speed yet, the bus pushed us several feet, that truck and the good grace of God saved our lives! there were 5 of us in that truck including my son, I'm so thankful we were in it instead of my car! We loved that truck and will miss it. We are looking for another in as good of shape as it was, I'm thinking of trading my car for one!

Over the top

blaster_md, 07/15/2002

I purchased this Tahoe used with 68K miles. I'm up to 78K, and haven't had truck for a year yet. I've only had to replace the water pump, due to a leaky shaft seal. The truck has been great! I'm 6'7", and don't fit many of the other trucks, as I guess they're designed for women...... Anyway, I don't have any problems with this truck, the mileage is great as long as you keep in mind this ain't no Honda Civic. I've ridden in Civics, I'm much happier in the Tahoe.

12345...8