Used 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Best in class

Chevy Chase, 09/19/2007

Having owned my 1998 Tahoe for ten years now, and continuously working it every day, I would have expectd it to break down around 100000 miles. Now I'm pushing 200,000, and the only thing that ever went wrong with it was a radiator leak at 193,000 miles. I'm still riding on the same shocks I did when I drove it out of the dealer ten years ago. The exterior has held up under the toughest conditions: from the Arizona desert heat to the humidity of Atlanta, Florida, and St. Louis. I have no reason to complain whatsoever.

Fantastic Truck!

bo, 03/09/2003

I bought this truck with 20000 miles on it, I have 72000 miles on it now.No problems to report. The 350 and towing package are a great combination.This is a fantastic truck!

Next time I buy a Toyota

elkhornsun, 11/04/2011

I purchased my 1998 Tahoe coming off a lease with 28K miles. At 32K I found that the rotors needed to be replaced and that Chevrolet had put undersized rotors on its trucks up until 1998, and corrected the problem in 1998. Stopping distance is 50% greater than average for the Tahoe even with no passengers and no load and not pulling a trailer. I bought it to tow a trailer but with the terrible brakes I have avoided using it for this purpose. Can only use a proprietary CD player which costs 4x as much and mine broke within a year. In first 100k miles I had to replace the breaks twice, rotors once, manifold gasket, fuel injectors, AC compressor, idler, and the front tie rods.

Tahoe, not all thats it's cracked up to

Fdatahoe, 05/07/2002

I have had the Tahoe for almost 2.5 years and have replace 3 gaskets (100bucks),all 4 shocks (200bucks), a water pump(300 bucks), the leather seat is ripping and the breaks twice. I sure am glad I bought a Chevy. Oh yeah I still have a intermitent vibration in the steering which they can not find, not bad for a 3 year old POS

TAHOE -STABILITY

GUMMI BEAR, 05/30/2002

ON ROUGH ROADS THE TAHOE IS HORRID. I SUSPECT THE DESIGN IS POOR AS ON ANY ROAD WHERE ONE FINDS ROUGH ROADS THE CAR LOOSES ITS ABILITY TO STEER PROPERLY. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND AM CONVINCED THAT THE TAHOE IS A BAD DESIGN.IT IS A SCARY THING TO DRIVE ON BAD ROADS

12345...8