2018 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

meant to work and drive not to park
By Tim

2018 Chevrolet Suburban Premier 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2018 Suburban Premier to replace my 2005 (one-owner) LT Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Duramax. I commute daily 60 miles so my reluctance was adding quick mileage to a new vehicle. The Suburban is awesome. We own a 31 ‘Airstream trailer and this will be the fifth tow vehicle, with three being Suburban’s, one 1996 GMC, the Duramax and a 2002 2500 Avalanche (8.1). All had over 150,000 miles one them, with the Silverado going to 225,000. This 2018 Suburban is one of the safest vehicles we’ve driven. I read the comments about the MB, and the Toyota Sequoia’s which are great vehicles. My challenge was having a dealer that was consistent with quality care. The MB, is one of the best vehicles on the market, but maintenance is priority with them, and having lived in both Germany and the DC area where service is common, once you get out of that type of care, it is hard to compare. If you plan on keeping a vehicle for 10 plus years, putting over 200k in mileage on it or even passing it off to the next generation, this is well worth the investment. The technology with WiFi, Onstar and just comfort when you drive allows you to have a portable office. The mileage is easily 22-24 on the road and if I keep it at 65-70 MPH, I can get a range of almost 725 miles to the tank. Safety with the sensors and alerts, LED lights and automatic wipers are a plus for highway driving. The ability to sit high and away from any impact in this vehicle is worth your life with today's distracted driver on the road. For planning this is excellent when traveling around cities to the North or needing to get to Florida in the South. During foul weather like Hurricane season, a full tank will go 10 days, and the WiFi allows network access, when internet is down, even with a back-up generator in the house. Its all about planning, livelihood and this vehicle fills the void for other things than just trying to find a place to park it, as it was meant to work and drive.

Automotive
By Charles Ortiz

2018 Chevrolet Suburban Premier 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

All the comfort of a luxury car and then some. Rides like a dream and has room to spare. Technology is above most vehicles that I have seen. Love this suburban.

2018 Premier is my 4th Suburban!
By Bill M

2018 Chevrolet Suburban Premier 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is built to travel, haul, work, and move more than your average sized group of people. It is incredible on the highway as well as in town. Yes, if you are accustomed to a small vehicle, you will initially have a hard time parking and working your way through traffic. Once you get accustomed to your Suburban's size, you will love all the extras the greater capacity affords you. Being one of the largest consumer vehicles on the road, fuel economy is not great, but the trade off is well worth it. Comfort when traveling cannot be beat. Plenty of room and entertainment for everyone on board. The seating is firm and comfortable. You feel safe in a Suburban due to the vehicle size and the fact that you are not looking up to every vehicle you pass. All of my Suburbans have been super reliable. Very few mechanical issues...and I have driven all of them over 150,000 miles. If you are towing, the Suburban is for you. While a diesel 3/4 ton truck may do a better job for extra heavy loads, most boats, etc will be right at home behind your Suburban.

2018 chevy, need I say more.
By Charles Ortiz

2018 Chevrolet Suburban Premier 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful car, inside and out. Luxury at its finest.

I hate Chevy for making me want this
By Navy DAD

2018 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Rented a beach house for a family reunion. There will be some flying in, so I needed more room for passengers and bags than my Acura MDX has, in order to get everyone around. I rented the Suburban just because of its size. I can't tell you how surprised I was. I've been a Honda/Acura man for over a decade and was firmly under the opinion that U.S. cars just couldn't compete. My middle boy used to have a Chevy Silverado so I should have known better. The interior detailing and options were every bit as good as my Acura and the interior space is enormous. I have been accustomed to overstated MPG over the years so I figured this monster would get far less than my MDX. Wrong. It states 16 to 23, but I've been getting from 17.3 to 24.4. I've never gotten more than the stated MPG, I would be happy if my MDX just got it's stated MPG. I'm just renting this beast for a couple of weeks so I can't validate the long-term life, maintenance requirements, and upkeep cost, but if it's anything like the Silverado, it's well made. What I can attest too though is the comfort, response, cabin design and quality of the vehicle. Like I said, I was/am very impressed. I've seen a lot or reviews, here and on other sites that mark it down for how hard it is to park and navigate through tight spaces. It's NINE passenger SUV. If you want the space, it has to be big. I haven't really found it that much more difficult to navigate than my MDX, (Except for the turning radius) My MDX will hold 6, cramped with next to no luggage space. This Suburban holds 7 in comfort and has as much additional space as my MDX with the back bench seat down. The technology was easy to use, my phone synced up easily and everything is extremely comfortable and well thought out. I don't regularly need this much space, but if I did......This is the car/beast I would get. It does what it is designed for extraordinarily well. It's not a minivan or a small SUB. Oh, and it gets roughly the same MPG as my MDX which is a midsized SUV. Still don't understand that.