2018 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Why would anyone buy one of these monsters?
By Jan

2018 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Rented a car for a day since my Mercedes E350 was getting serviced. Car rental had only a Suburban available.

Pros: Suburban seems to have high towing capacity. Engine is smooth and has lots of low end torque.

Cons: The car is enormous and even on the highway I was always afraid to hit another vehicle. Parking or maneuvering is a nightmare. Visibility from car is very poor. Truck based design makes sure you feel even minor imperfections of the road while you also have this monster constantly floating on the highway and you never really feel planted. Poor fit and finish with cheap plastic parts (though admittedly way better than Chevys from 10 years ago). Door lock of right front passenger door feels like it’s giving out in a car with only 8k miles. Fuel economy nothing to brag about. Poor ergonomics (no telescoping steering wheel, all sorts of instruments that aren’t relevant, oddly far distance between gas pedal and break pedal which creates a delay in making stops), weak brakes that are not confidence inspiring. $50k for a Chevy?!

Can’t say how glad I was to have my Mercedes back. All of a sudden the E350 felt a sports car.

I guess if you had 5 kids to shlep around and also need to tow a boat every weekend and plan to sleep/live in the car and/or want to feel like in the Presidents motorcade, maybe this car would be worth considering.

We are in Suburban Heaven!!
By Lori Gallagher

2018 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

We went back and forth between a Toyota Sienna and Chevy Suburban for a year and a half. We had driven a Sienna and were so close, like driving to purchase, before I actually test drove the 2018 Suburban. One mile into the test drive, I was in love!! I was sure I would not be able to comfortably park this huge vehicle, but I pulled in between two cars as well as well as our Tailblazer. This thing lets me know if something is close by vibrating my chair on the side of the hazard! The leather, the 2nd row captains chairs, bluray with 3 screens and Bluetooth headsets, Android Auto, rear camera, etc. Is Amazing!! If I veer out of a lane it puts me back in it!! Bravo, Chevy! This is best vehicle we have ever owned!! Highly recommend!!! Go test drive one!!

No Telescopic steering wheel?
By Ross

2018 Chevrolet Suburban LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Looking to purchase an American SUV vs. the Toyota Highlander I have had for the last 5 years. I can't believe a 2018 Suburban LS 4WD for well over $50,000 does not have telescopic steering wheel. I am 6' 1" and the driving dynamics suck without having the wheel come further back. Cars less than half this price have this feature. I know the 2018 Highlander Limited is not the same type of vehicle but it has pretty much every feature the top of the line Suburban has for more than 20K less than the Suburban LTZ