Used 2016 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

Great car for a first car, otherwise not so much
By Pandamo

2016 Chevrolet Sonic LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car as the second car I have ever owned. To be honest, I loved it at first. However, I live in Utah and this car is awful in the winter. It is way to light to have decent traction in the snow and rain. It also takes forever to defog.

An American Built Success Story
By Ross A.

2016 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After hitting 8,500 miles with my 2016 Sonic, I think it is time to review this surprisingly well put-together car. I commute over 100 miles round trip a day in upstate NY, so the Sonic and I have spent a lot of quality time together over the past months. Before the Sonic, I drove a 2013 Honda Fit, a car which the Sonic has blown out of the water (I decided to part with the Fit after it was out of commission for a total of 6 months for an airbag recall-and there will be another to follow). First of all, for what you get, the Sonic is priced exceptionally competitively. I paid just over $11,000 for my LS Hatch, brand new. True, it didn't come with a lot of bells and whistles, but it's an American built car that is a top safety pick, had Bluetooth and Onstar, and looks stylish to boot. Though I looked at getting a new Fit, I couldn't spend 5k-7k more for a car with the same features built in Mexico. Second, driving wise, the Somic outperforms the Fit as well. For a subcompact car, the Sonic is fun to drive (while getting an average of 35 mpg) and you sit fairly high up in comparison to other subcompacts. My wife has a Subaru Impreza and when riding in her vehicle one sits noticeably closer to the road. Third, the Sonic's interior design is functional and well thought out, however the materials could be of higher quality, though if I cared about being surrounded by "soft-touch" materials, I would have opted for a more expensive car. Overall the Sonic seems like it will be an excellent vehicle that will last a long time.

Sonic a great car for a college student
By Sonic Boomer

2016 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A good cheap car. Having the Hatchback is very gre
By Mary Sanderson

2016 Chevrolet Sonic LS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Compare prices with many dealers. They are all different.