Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 3500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

BAD DOG for pulling YEAH

Oldyel, 08/06/2018
4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Stick to your guns with the dealers, they think these trucks are made of gold. These trucks are nice, but the market is full of them. Take your time and don't get pressured. Yeah they gotta eat too.

Engine warranty

mike, 08/22/2010

This is a work truck and a daily driver. I tow a 7500 lb trailer 300-700 miles per week and it does the job. Mileage: 10 mpg w/ the trailer, 15-17 mpg w/out. Dealer performed all service Duramax diesel head gasket failed at 118k miles. Even after months of negotiations GM REFUSED to honor the Warranty! The repair cost $7500 out of pocket! I CANNOT recommend GM to anyone EVER again!

Gutless Fuel Hog

Loyal Stutzman, 08/25/2006

4.5 MPG loaded, 12 MPG empty! Duramax with Allison automatic transmision is a joke! Low power, worse fuel economy! This was by far the worst value for my money since I started buying vehicles in 1986! Will soon be selling this pile of junk for a more powerful, economical gas rig! I loved Chevy trucks until I bought this hunk of junk. You can't even start up an incline loaded without using low range 4X4! Forget quick take-off! Imagine 25 MPH uphill in the Rockies for miles and miles! Yes, I bought it brand new, had it dealer serviced right on schedule, all the updates they had, etc. and still no performance!

Love it

KH, 01/31/2008

We love our truck! We pull a 4 horse trailer everywhere with it and really don't even feel it back there, even fully loaded. It is solid, runs great, and looks good going down the road.

3500 Silverado Dually

Fred Thomas, 01/30/2005

I recently purchased a Silverado 3500 Vortex Diesel 6.6. I find this vehicle to be responsive and a pure pleasure to drive. The interior of this truck fits a person of my stature. My wife enjoys the heated seats, the OnStar feature, the leather interior and the DVD player. My future endeavor with my vehicle will be to see how a 39 foot Montana fifth wheel trailer is pulled. Can't wait. I recently took it out of town about 300 miles pulling through the grapevine, was a dream while leaving the other vehicles in my rear view mirror. Looking forward to taking it to the snow in Nevada. I looked at the rest and this is the best.