Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500HD for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Amazing!

special k , 06/01/2010

I had a 2002 1500hd crew cab but I got t-boned and I needed a new truck, the 02 was the best truck I have ever had but when I found this 03 I was so happy! I think the 2002 was a little more comfortable but other than that everything is amazing! Took it out to South Dakota pheasant hunting and the 4wd got us through snow drifts that were over the hood! It's so much fun to drive, I think the front end reminds me to much of a car, but I'm gonna put a new hood on it so yeah. We also pull a 20 ft deep v ranger boat with it and it doesn't even know its back there, and my uncle pulled it with his Ford f250 and said he struggled so yeah, go Chevy!

Not a bad truck

John Ellis, 02/07/2008

Has done what I wanted it to do. Not impressed with the cost of ownership due to electrical problems, poor gas mileage, hazard/signal flasher going bad, and the steering mechanism needing lubricated.

1500 HD

Pat Briden, 04/11/2004

exceptional towing vehicle, good in snow and slippery conditions, vibration in exhaust system, doesn't like to run cold, once warm it run very well, manf. says to run the rear tires at 80psi but it is very hard and rough, run them at 55 and front at 50, while towing I run the rear at 75 and front at 50, towing switch is sometimes apion unless your towing on hills or steep grades, don't use the switch on normal towning, running with syntheics since 800 miles and it runs smoother

Best Truck on the Road

Mike, 12/31/2007

I bought this truck from my cousin early in 2007. It had 21,000 miles on it at the time, never towed anything and only had a golf bag put in the box. Since I have owned it I have used it as a work horse. I have had 3,000 pounds in the box and towed a 15,000 pound loaded dump trailer down the road passing fords and dodges all the way. This truck has the tightest steering in it of any vehicle on the road. it feels like it hugs the road. I havent had any problems with it to date.

Very Nice

Paco, 06/25/2003

Really enjoy the truck. Very comfortable and EXTREMELY functional. Crew cab is great, can haul a group of people to lunch. Bed size is good and carry materials to build house.

12345...10