Used 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love my Silverado
By Amie

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2010 Silverado for around 3 years. I bought it with 76k it now has 163k. I've replaced nothing but tires and oil. Absolutey love my truck. Wish it was faster but it's a great truck on and off road.

My last Cheverolet
By Mike

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2010 with 88,000 miles. Rear wheel oil seal started leaking at 60,000, Both front wheel bearing out now. $ 1100.00 repair. Brake light switch has gone out twice. Gas mileage poor highway and city 20/13. Chevy has gone backwards on this model. The transmission shifts continuously at the slightest hill. Puling a 12' boat (1000 lb) and the highway mileage goes to under 15. My 2005 Silverado went 250,000 miles with NO repairs , other than brakes , oil, and filters, and got 21/17 MPG. Now (4/2017) the transmission has started shuddering when it changes gears. ( An indication of a transmission repair) . Troubles just keep piling up!!

MY SILVERADO COMES THROUGH
By kenzootak

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

MY 2010 SILVERADO HAS 67,000 MILES now.
No problems at this time.
REPLACED TIRES WITH COOPER AT3 WORKS WELL.
USE FULL SYNTHETIC OIL FOR BETTER USE.
Auto transfer case works well for 4x4 use.
Drag to get in neutral.
BUT THE AUTO SELECT DIAL FOR 4X4 IS EASY TO USE. THE MANUAL BUTTONS ON SIX SPEED TRANSMISSION WORK WELL TOO.
HOWEVER THE MANUAL BUTTON HOLDS A LOW GEAR IF SELECTED WHEN YOU ENTER BACK ON HIGHWAY AT HIGH SPEED IN LOW GEAR ASSUMING AUTOMATIC STILL.
THOUGH ON HILLS ,THE MANUAL BUTTON WORKS TERRIFIC WITH THE GEARS USE.
FANTASTIC STEREO AND SPEAKERS.
WIDE TURN, BUT OKAY.
MINE IS REASONABLE ON GAS.
IT IS OK FOR LOAD TOO. Really a very reliable comfortable truck.

A Home Run
By cforider

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I got lucky a month ago and found a 10,000 mile used 2010 black Silverado LTZ with every option at less than market price.
My 1998 4Runner was still running good, but not enough guts to pull my boat.
This is the truck i've always wanted and couldn't be more happy with all of the features.
The 4Runner consistently (without boat) got 18 mpg, now I get 15-18 for the tank.
The ride is awesome, the heated seats are the envy of my wife, and the look is the best on the market in my opinion. Yes, I'd do it again.
Have not pulled the boat yet, but have no doubt it will do just fine. I plan on keeping this one around for a while.
I've owned Fords before, but probably not again after this one.

The look, the accessories, the ride, the Navigation and sound system, the throaty engine, and how I look driving it!

Have not yet figured out to advance past a song with the iPod plugged in. Maybe add front parking sensors like the back one that are on it. A Line-X bed liner for all trucks should be standard, not aftermarket. Who doesn't have one? I don't see a gun rack in the list of accessories, that would be a good seller. Hard to improve on a truck this nice. Great job!

First New Truck.
By beauger

2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck!
I've had mine for just over a year and the time has flown.
I towed with it 2 months after I bought it and it was a dream.
I was worried that I bought a truck that couldn't tow but it did perfectly.
Didn't struggle at all.
Used it to move my family max trailer weight was 9000 and it didn't skip a beat.
I have friends that own Toyota Tundra's and Nissan Titans and comment on the comfort of my truck every time they ride in it.
I test drove and compared all the different trucks that are in the same class as this one and none of them could come close to what you get for a very reasonable price.

Lots of features for a base model. Power windows and locks keyless entry and heated mirrors. Lets not forget about Onstar if you're like me and your busy and you lock your keys in your car for the 15th time, Onstar is a life saver especially when a lock smith will charge a hefty fee just to damage your vehicle to pry open your door and poke a button with a plastic wand and you feel like you just paid a thief to break into your car since they do the same thing. Also Onstar is a theft deterrent!. Perfect for me, I'm not into all the crazy features and in my research this truck is the best truck for the money. I would definitely buy this truck again if I could go back.

None!