Used 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Throttle Body failed 2 times in 3 years

slamamama15, 02/18/2013
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this truck brand new Oct 2009 with the heavy duty towing package Z71 4x4. We had to put a new engine in the truck Oct 2010, after that problems continued. Dec 2010 the throttle body failed as I was driving down the highway, Stablizer, engine light, traction, lights flashed, door locks when crazy and just stopped in the middle of the interstate. Yesterday 2.17.2013 it proceeded to do it again on the interstate. Second time in 50,000 miles we have had to replace the throttle body on our fairly new truck. We have other problems including 3 window motors, mirror, rough idling, & transamission rough when switching gears. All the work has bene done at the dealers

Last Truck I will need to buy

lrdillon, 01/06/2015
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 60K miles. I now have over 90K. I have only replaced the battery and tires. Runs like a dream so far, tows great and very comfortable. Hope to baby this for the rest of my life, I just retired. With regular maintenance I have had no mechanical problems with a small V8.

2009 Chevy Lemon

pavehwk, 11/06/2011
XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new with 500 miles on it. Now I have 19500 miles on the truck and I am having the engine pulled out due to a bad design. I went in for some minor body work (2nd bow tie) and the check engine light came on. The oil pressure was all over the board. I had 1000 miles before it need it next oil change. So while i was in there i had them do a oild change. I was told that there was a 1 1/2 quarts of oil left in the block. I was then told that they need to put a baffel in the bottom of the pan. This was after taking the truck in 4 times to do an oil consuption check (it failed). I had to wait to get fixed due to having 5 other trucks getting the samething done.

So far.....great

freeflowin, 10/02/2011
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this new in 2009. My very first new vehicle ever. I bought it during Chevy's big rebate program and it was well worth it. I have the LT2 with leather bench seats. I truck rides down the highway so unbelievably comfortable that I forget I'm in a truck. It is smoother then my moms Cadillac and way smoother then my BMW or my wife's Liberty. I have 38k miles on and the tires are still almost new and it hasn't burnt a drop of oil. Working in the oil fields it has been dependable on ALL road conditions from the mountains of CO and UT to the ice sheets of ND, it has been great. When I had a company Ford F-150 XLT, after my 1100 mile drive to the rig,my back killed the next day, not this

Don't buy one

aggieof10, 01/20/2013
XFE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Within a month of buying this truck, all of the power locks went out. Chevy replaced them for free since it was under warranty. Then my rear power window stopped working, transmission is spotty, cant decide when to shift, tpms comes on at random times telling me my tires are flat (they arent). Put groceries in the back seat one day, and the pocket on the back of drivers seat ripped out. Turns out, they aren't sewn in at the factory, someone is there with a staple gun putting them on. Wind caught the door last week, and pulled the hinges away from the body, now the door grinds on the body work every time I open it. I am absolutely furious with this truck. Chevy used to mean something.

12345...7