Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great 1st vehicle for new driver!!!!
By Kimberly K Friederick

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck imho would be a great new driver 1st vehicle because as a regular cab they can't load a bunch of friends in plus it's gets great gas mileage, us easy to see out of at all angles even tho it's got a great am/fm stereo with CD player, they wouldn't have Bluetooth, U connect etc...to take their attention away from the task at hand which is getting where they're going safely. Also would be a great to and from work vehicle for someone wanting to keep the miles low on their "main" vehicle. This trick is for sale at $5500

Safety issues -Airbag will not inflate!
By lovesub

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Some power to toll and haul stuff

Enough towing power

Need better design in access to charge battery and do general maintenance.

Not a durable work truck.,
By Ken

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

While It has great mileage for a full size truck, there are few other aspects that I like about it. I didn't expect much from the v-6 but this is bad, I can deal without acceleration but it delivers poor torque while loaded or towing. I like a sparse interior, this one feels cheap. Seats are uncomfortable, I hate having the seatbelt in the seat,always seems to ride up to my neck and is not adjustable (it happens to people of different body types as me). Under dash, loose wires everywhere. Minor issues are starting to appear $30 here and $40 there, wont break the bank but annoying. Poor handling, spongy suspension, like a 1976 wagon. Least favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Payload, Fuel economy.

GM better overhaul its whole way of thinking to survive.

service airbag light
By tony

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck tom replace my 97 s10 because I needed a bigger truck for my business. Great truck for hauling, towing, and comfort. But I've had a problem wiht the service air bag light and its been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times for the same problem. Its been in for the intermediate shaft, front and the front rotors plus a clip to open the door. To many stupid little things that should not happen and the airbag problem that should have been fixed already.

All in all a good truck for towing and hauling and comfortable.

Stop using inadequate rotors and intermediate shafts and a self destructing intake manifolds at around 70k and they might get some of there lost customers back. To many little things that shouldn't happen.

Overall quality is lacking
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was my second Chevy pickup, my first being a '57 stepside. Since that old Chevy, I had evidently been spoiled by a few Fords, two Nissans and a Dodge. No complaints on any of those other pickups, but this Chevy must've been a lemon. Everything from the battery to the temperature control to the transmission gave me trouble in the 9 months that I've had it.

I was quite fond of the body style. It was a nice looking truck.

Attention to detail in the QC department would be nice!