Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2005 Silverado Extended Cab
By TONY

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck that I have ever owned. The z71 suspension gives a great ride. The climate control system much better than the previous truck I owned. There were no water leaks and no issues with the quality of the truck.

Pretty Good Truck
By johnnyelcamino

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had two Tundra's prior to this purchase, but we had a 1997 Chevy one ton prior to that we called MONSTRO. Toyota has lost their mind on haggling, we loved the Tundra but no deal, we walked out mad. We stopped by the Chevy dealer and got a heck of a deal with the employee pricing.(20k paided on a 29k truck.) So far its a good truck, and it gets better mileage than my old V6 Tundra, 17 and 22.

Engine is strong, and good on gas. Good underbody.

Interior needs upgrade. Hear a gurgle in the AC. Smooth out the ride.

Z-85
By Dale

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a truck - the Z-85 with 20" chrome wheels really sets off the dark maroon color.

Exteriod looks, Z-85 package

The interior has to be right up there with the very worst design and esthetic appeal

Great Truck!
By DJ

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an '05 4x4, extended cab, WT, in April. I think it's a great truck. I was impressed by the standard features (e.g. dual climate control, 4 wheel ABS, etc..) It rides great on the highway...I drove it from NY to the Rocky Mountains and was never uncomforable at all...that's a lot of driving. The engine is impressive (about 300hp). It's got plenty of power and has been getting decent gas mileage (for a truck).

Strong V8, exterior styling, Chevy dependability.

I think it was cheap of Chevy not to make the center front seat fold down to a center arm rest in the WT model. You have to get the "LS" to get that. The transmission isn't the smoothest. My father's Tundra has a silky smooth transmission, but lacks the feeling of power and speed of my Chevy.

Excellent Value
By m9431

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This replaces my Toyota Truck. Looked at Ford, Dodge, and Toyota. The Ford did handle and ride better, but the Silverado provides more backseat space for passengers (ext cab) and does better with gas mileage. Seemed quicker, too. I surved others on reliability and found the newer Silverados to be very good. Interior is fine--I bought a truck, not a luxury car, afterall. Very good blend of performance, comfort, MPG, toughness, pracicality and price.

Smooth powerful V8 with best-in-class MPG. Strong chassis; very quiet ride. Good value, blend of features.

Could handle better.