Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Lil Red Truck

jt600, 04/28/2007

My Silverado is sporty and fun to drive. My truck had a bad rear diferential at 9000 miles however it was totally fixed good as new. I still like the truck very much after 3 years of ownership. I hunt and fish and the Silverado gets me to the country in style.

Quality Defined. Yep, It Is A Chevy

Rhett, 11/01/2007

Three years later and its still going strong. No diminished qualities. The only repair outside of standard oil changes has been the steering column bearing and the A/C diverter actuator. No big deal either time. The warranty covered it all. Nice riding vehicle. All two-wheel- drive Chevys historically have the porpoising front ends on hilly/bumpy roads, this one is no different. But, I bought a truck not an El Dorado.

OK But typical GM

Keith Stroup, 11/09/2007

Bought the truck new in 2004. Had a Dodge Ram 1500, This was a huge step up. Best gas mileage: 21 MPG driving on factory tires thru Ohio / Indiana. Worst gas mileage: 16 MPG driving on larger P265 aftermarket truck tires thru Central PA. I don't like the rear doors, they don't shut right. At 12,000 miles I had to have all rotors turned, they were warped so bad I was afraid to step on the brakes. At 34,000 miles rear rotors rusted & wore the rear pads out?? Chevy blamed it on me...keeping it in a garage & driving it on weekends is too much for rear disc brakes? Excellent 4WD system, like the part-time 4WD feature, comes in very handy on wet roads. At 35K I still like the truck.

Ad
Build Your Silverado 1500
Select Color:

All-Wheel Steering!

Chuck B, 04/18/2019
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck with 150,000 miles on from someone that I knew and I knew the mechanic that did 100% of it's maintenance and repairs. Both told me that the truck was a gem with very few repairs during it's 1st 8 years. In keeping with that repair history the truck has seen only 1 or 2 minor repairs plus a transfer case replacement (mostly my fault). My 1500HD has about 230,000 miles now that it is over 15 years old. If you ever had a chance to drive a vehicle with 4-Wheel steering you'd fall in love with it as I did. when in 4-whl drive I can turn 180 degrees in 10 lees feet that the exact truck w/o the option. It was only available in the 20102, 2004 and 2005 pickup trucks. It was discontinued due to it's high option price of $4,500. Granted it was lowered to $3,000 the second year and - I hear - it was lowered even more in it's final year - 2005. Chevrolet just didn't sell enough units to make it worth their while. You'll find almost entirely praise on various chat rooms dealing with pickup trucks and I found no one who ever needed a repair of their 4-wheel steering. I have never needed any work done to mine but the alignment shop had to buy a special book from GM with the specs on aligning a truck with this option. Very little extra work and he charged no extra 'cause he was fascinated by the unit.

Still going

Leroy, 01/06/2021
2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Chevy since 2005 and have only had to replace normal wear parts like brakes, alternator and water pump.