Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

So Far So Good
By Chris

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have'nt had any problems yet knock on wood. I had to replace all 4 brake rotors and pads is all. Good luck to the rest of you.

The comfort and the handling

The cooling and heating compartment is on the floor in the middle of seat , no foot room for passenger

Great Truck
By Texas Owner

This is my first pickup and it is more comfortable to drive than many cars that I've owned. I have the 1500 LS with the 5.3L V8 and its performance, reliability and gas mileage for a vehicle this size is outstanding. I now have over 105,000 miles and haven't done much more than change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles! I do a lot of hunting and it has never let me down in out-of-the-way places. A great vehicle.

Interior comfort, performance, and reliability.

Quality of the interior could be better.

Best Truck I've Owned
By James Hughes

I have owned and driven pickups for 30 years. This one is undoubtedly the best looking, handling, performing, and just best all-around truck I have ever owned or driven.

Body style and appearance. Great engine performance. Towing package is great.

Make superchargers "STANDARD EQUIPMENT!!!!"

01 LT City Truck
By Scott

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB w/out OnStar (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck. I drive a good number of miles a year and I’m very pleased with this truck. I believe that the 2WD has a much smoother ride that the Z71 (4WD), and since I have little use of the 4WD, that was an easy choice. The 5.3 L V8 has more than enough power to jump up and pass a truck on a two lane road. The heated, leather, power everything seats also are nice. I put a K&N air filter in it the first week I bought it and run Castrol Syntec 20W-50 year round. I have had no problems.

5.3 L V8, the smooth ride and the heated leather seats

My only problem is that the seatbelt seems to rub the lower left side of the truck when I get it. It's almost rubbed a hole in the leather.

Awesome Ride
By drhjmacleod

The 2WD Silverado is a great choice for
someone who needs a truck, but also
does not want the gas mileage of a 4WD
truck. I opted for the locking
differential. With a little weight in
the bed at winter time, my truck has
yet to get stuck. I love the
comfortable and smooth ride and the
power from the 5.3 liter engine. I
have been able to achieve just over 20
MPG on long distance trips which I feel
is outstanding for a truck of this
size. Go buy one - you won't regret