Used 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Love my Monte

Burkie, 06/04/2002

This is the fun car to drive. Has great pickup and lots of room Has a big truck for traveling. It has been in the shope three times.Once for a steering problem, airconditioning clog and brake cable came out of a holder. Nothing major just inconvence.

Convinced me to buy American

Beagleboy99, 11/09/2009

I've owned a lot of cars over the 35+ years I have been driving, and consider myself a "car guy". I've owned mostly Japanese-Honda, Subaru, etc. Approaching a mid life crisis, I was looking for a car to accompany me on that journey. I'm a big guy, and wanted some comfort, and I usually carry a lot of stuff, even some lumber once in a while. I saw the first 2 MonteCarlo SS's on my local dealer lot, and loved the retro look. One of my favorite cars was the 1973 Monte, and this captured that essence nicely but updated. This car was impressively well made (Canada), was very comfortable and very reliable after a 6 month rough period at first. This was a winner for GM, sorry to see that it is gone

Good at first...!

Matt, 01/22/2010

I first bought the car and was excited because not too many of them were around. It had a few problems at first covered under my warranty, fuel filter leaked, needed a rear strut. It shifted great at first and now at around 125000 its really rough. Things started to go wrong after the 120000 mile mark. Little things at first, coolant temperature sensor, some of the plastic paneling in the car. Windshield wipers The main problem is the tranny which is very common around 120000 k. Besides that the car is powerful for being a large sedan. 0-60 in about 8 seconds. You can by-pass the governor as well...as soon as you reach the governor quickly put it in neutral and back in to gear, there ya go!

2000 SS. Best I've Ever Owned

chasd3, 06/18/2002

I bought my 2000 Monte Carlo SS new in 2000. This is the best car I've ever owned. I put a lot of miles on it each year simply beacuse I love to drive it. It has been on two Cross Country trips from Texas to New York. The Monte Carlo is comfortable, reliable, fun to drive and just excellent all around. I hope to purchase another one soon.

MoNique the DivaMobile! <3

Joey, 09/17/2010

I purchased my maroon Monte Carlo in January 2009 from my dad. She had 151,000 on her, and there was a crack in front of the driver's headlight where my dad had kicked her because he is impatient and she cold started on him. The battery cables have been troublesome, but is tolerable. I've put rear brakes, a new intake gasket, a wheel hub, new tires, and a new starter on her, approximately $2300. I only use premium fuel and a bottle of gas treatment with every tank, change the oil every 3000 miles, she has been good to me. Coming up on 188K, and she will accompany me on my move from Indiana back to Michigan. To many more years and miles with my baby!

12345...10